Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your birth stories!! :)

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

We all like to talk about our labor and delivery stories!! I know I do! What are some of your experiences while giving birth? 

by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll try to keep mine as short as possible.

#1: Healthy, low risk pregnancy. I got really sick and couldn't keep anything in me, so I went in with concerns of dehydration. Got my IV, continued being sick, and once I was hooked up to monitors we discovered my son was in distress. Went in for an immediate emergency c-section. He was born at 39w2d and was 8 lbs 10 oz and 21" long.

#2: healthy, low risk pregnancy. At 26w5d, I didn't feel my daughter moving so I went in and discovered she had died. I was not supposed to be induced due to hospital policy but was also not a good candidate for a c-section due to circumstances. We decided on an induction. Labored for 32 hours. It was a very emotional labor. We had to call funeral homes and make funeral/burial plans before she was even born. She was born via vbac at 26w5d, 2 lbs 3 oz and 14" long. She was perfect and all tests came back normal, indicating that she was healthy and we've never found a cause for her death. Our time with her was far too short.

#3: high risk, anxiety ridden pregnancy. We were closely monitored and I was at the doctors twice a week for NST and BPP. We were originally going for another vbac but I was not making any progress towards the end, not allowed an induction because of how far along I was, and we all felt it was too risky to wait for me to go into labor naturally. We opted for a planned, gentle, family centered c-section. They lowered the curtain so my husband and I could see our son being born. We didn't find out gender until birth, so I was the first one to announce that he was a boy. My arms weren't strapped down so I was able to hold him right away. He was born at 39w and was 8 lbs 1 oz and 19" long.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
1st - Normal easy pregnancy, induced at 39 weeks, broke my water and labored from 7am til 4pm then got an epidural, 3 pushes and he was born at 7:02pm weighing 7lbs 3oz

2nd - easy pregnancy but was high risk due to high amnio fluid levels, had to see a mfm. Was induced at 39 weeks, they broke my water and I labored from 8am til 12pm then got an epidural, around 3pm I called the nurse in because I felt a lot of pressure, she had just checked me 20 mins ago so I she thought I was crazy, sure enough he was about to come out! 2 pushes and he was born at 3:24pm weighing 8lbs 4oz.

3rd - easy pregnancy but I was super sick from 9-18 weeks :( Induced at 39+5, had to break my water twice! Epidural didn't work, fixed it and one side was soooo numb I couldn't walk for 4 hrs after birth! Baby's heart rate was dipping and my bp was super low so rolled me over and gave me oxygen for about an hour. Displayed to 10 around 6:30pm, dr barely made it to catch the baby, lol! Barely even had to push! He was born at 6:39pm weighing 7lbs 10oz.

4th - we will see :) I'm currently 5weeks today! I definitely do NOT want to be induced this time!
veramom2217
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 6:39 PM
Quoting missbritt22: 1st - Normal easy pregnancy, induced at 39 weeks, broke my water and labored from 7am til 4pm then got an epidural, 3 pushes and he was born at 7:02pm weighing 7lbs 3oz 2nd - easy pregnancy but was high risk due to high amnio fluid levels, had to see a mfm. Was induced at 39 weeks, they broke my water and I labored from 8am til 12pm then got an epidural, around 3pm I called the nurse in because I felt a lot of pressure, she had just checked me 20 mins ago so I she thought I was crazy, sure enough he was about to come out! 2 pushes and he was born at 3:24pm weighing 8lbs 4oz. 3rd - easy pregnancy but I was super sick from 9-18 weeks :( Induced at 39+5, had to break my water twice! Epidural didn't work, fixed it and one side was soooo numb I couldn't walk for 4 hrs after birth! Baby's heart rate was dipping and my bp was super low so rolled me over and gave me oxygen for about an hour. Displayed to 10 around 6:30pm, dr barely made it to catch the baby, lol! Barely even had to push! He was born at 6:39pm weighing 7lbs 10oz. 4th - we will see :) I'm currently 5weeks today! I definitely do NOT want to be induced this time!
congrats
tina08mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 9:12 AM
1st- had an easy pregnancy minus the morning sickness for the first few months. i was 2 days past my due date. I started having contractions about 6:30pm and I went to the hospital about 1 am( if I remember right) I got the epidural about 4am. Around 8-9 his heart rate kept going down and the doctor turned the pit off and he said he was going to turn it back on but if his heart rate went down again I was going to need a c-section. Thank god it stayed up and he was born at 11:45am and he was 7lbs 10oz.

2nd- had 2 weeks of morning sickness. I had a good pregnancy. I was 41 weeks when I went into labor at 5am and my water broke about 8 am at home. I labor at home until 1 something when I had a doctors appointment and I was 2-3cm at the doctors and they wanted me to go to the hospital. So I get there between 3-4pm and her the epidural as soon as I could. His heart rate went down during my contractions and I was only 3 cm so they decided to do a c-section. He was born at 8:25pm and he was 7lbs 10oz.

3rd-I had a good pregnancy. I was 4 days over due and having contractions but they weren't anything to keep track of since they were not consistent. 5 days over due and still having contractions but they were becoming more consistent. I went to my doctors appointment that day at 3pm and they said I was probably early labor. My boyfriend and I went to his bowling league that night and my contractions were coming closer together so I knew it was labor. We got home and i labored for a few hours at home and my contractions were going every 5 mins. We left for the hospital about 12-1 am and in the car my contractions were 2 mins apart. We get to the hospital. They were going to send me home but since my son didn't want to stay on the monitor he bought me admission. So I got the epidural as soon as I could and I was 4cm. At 7 am the doctor came in to check me and I was still 4cm and she was going to break my water when it broke on it's own and by 9 am I was 8-9 cm and soon after I started pushing and he was born at 10:27am by VBAC and he was 8lbs 5oz.

4th- I will know in the next 3 weeks.
kajira
by Emma on Mar. 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM

#1 - healthy pregnancy, and nearly died during the induction.  Baby was fine but they managed the laboring process wrong in a teaching hospital.

#2 - was a homebirth with a midwife. No complications. 47 minutes after my water broke, she was born.

#3/4 was a set of twins. I felt funny for a couple weeks, kept telling my doctor, they ignored me. My twins were born via emergency c-section at 24 weeks and one died at 3 weeks old in the nicu. I've learned to not allow doctors to ignore me anymore. I walked in 10cm dilated after being told if it was real labor I couldn't sleep through it. Apparently, I can.

#5 was a vbac. I was waiting for something to progress to see if I needed to go to the hospital. When something changed, she was literally born like 5 minutes later. My husband delivered her.

#6 was also a vbac. My 7 year old helped deliver her little brother. I dilated early with him, so spend a month roughly in and out of the hospital that pregnancy being observed at the end. I finally hit 4cm, and they "augmented" my 2minute apart contractions to be more effective. Pitocin didn't do much for me, so she stripped my membranes during labor, got me to 5CM, and then I allowed her to break my water. less then 2 hours after my water broke, baby was born. I literally went from 5-10 with baby out in like 30 minutes from when it got rough. My husband almost missed it. lol

alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 9:09 AM
Not pregnant but lurking 😉
#1 I was induced for high BP while on magnesium sulfate. Cramping and not much dilation overnight, broke my water around 9 am, got my epidural. Fulled dilated at 115 and born at 202pm. Baby had really low apgars but ended up doing fine and getting to stay with me.
#2 I'd been on bed rest for BP that wasn't high enough to induce. Went into labor on my own at 39+1, was going to be induced the next day lol. Got to the hospital at 4cm and it took a solid 2 hours to get the epidural 🤤 I was fully dilated when they checked me shortly after I was comfortable. I got to the hospital at 630 and she was born at 1105 after pushing for 13 minutes.
#3 again on bed rest for BP but I was only 35 weeks. Went in feeling dizzy, BP was 170/107 so I was put on magnesium again and induced. They gave me two cytotec and that put me into full blown labor. Around midnight I was 2cm and started having some bleeding. Got my epidural around 1ish. They broke my water around 3 maybe. Started feeling pressure around 4, pushed for two contractions and he was born at 419 am. He went skin to skin then started grunting so he went to the NICU for a few hours. I had a partial placental abruption that caused the bleeding during labor...and then I had a minor hemorrhage after delivery. It was quite the whirlwind. We're all done with babies now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)