Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM
  • 13 Replies
My last period was Nov 5th 2017. I was having unprotected sex with my bf from about the 8th-26th. I then slept with a different guy on the 28th. When I was at the clinic on Dec 5th they told me I was about 4 weeks 3days along. I am due Aug 12th. Is there any chance of the second guy being the dad? Or is it my bf?
by on Mar. 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 17, 2018 at 4:23 PM
I would say most likely it was your bf since you most likely ovulated while with him. I mean, it's not impossible for it to be the other guy, but the dates point to your bf.
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 8:58 PM
Devide your cycle date by half, that is the cycle day when you ovulate.

Conception typucally happens within 24hrs of ovulation(even if the time you had sex that lead to it was a couple days prior sperm can live in there for days and then do it's job so to speak).

Although there's even better chances of getting pregnant if you have sex 2 days before ovulation;much narrower window on "o" day/ and sperm can live in there for days,for days leading up.

Your chances of getting pregnant the whole week that ovulation happens, is high though.

So which of them were you having sex with 2-3 days prior to ovulation or on ovulation day?

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:06 PM
And additionally if you had sex with one on "o" day, you only had a 12hr window from when you ovulated to catch it.

So chances are more likely with whomever you were with 2 days prior to ovulation.
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmm no.
That’s more myth than truth.
I have a 25-28 day long cycle, some months I ovulated on CD 10, some on CD 14, and any time in between. Unless she was temping there’s no sure fire way to know when she ovulated.
OPK’s can be used, but even then it’s 12-36 hours after a positive OPK that “most” women ovulate.

Quoting Sassym0m24: Devide your cycle date by half, that is the cycle day when you ovulate.

Conception typucally happens within 24hrs of ovulation(even if the time you had sex that lead to it was a couple days prior sperm can live in there for days and then do it's job so to speak).

Although there's even better chances of getting pregnant if you have sex 2 days before ovulation;much narrower window on "o" day/ and sperm can live in there for days,for days leading up.

Your chances of getting pregnant the whole week that ovulation happens, is high though.

So which of them were you having sex with 2-3 days prior to ovulation or on ovulation day?

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:45 PM
People can ovulate late or early people do have variation.

But my information comes from baby center and web md and not old articles.

The only "sure" way to know you ovulated is to temp chart then confirm with cervical mucus, even then,some women's cirvical mucus like mine can mimic being fertile fluids when it's really not.

Also I'd advise you don't go by ovulation prediction kits they don't work for people with hormone issues like PCOS.

You notoriously get false positives.

Do the research before calling things a myth.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Mmmm no.
I have a 25-28 day long cycle, some months I ovulated on CD 10, some on CD 14, and any time in between. Unless she was temping there’s no sure fire way to know when she ovulated.
OPK’s can be used, but even then it’s 12-36 hours after a positive OPK that “most” women ovulate.

Quoting Sassym0m24: Devide your cycle date by half, that is the cycle day when you ovulate.

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 9:47 PM
Also here's two reputable links with the info I stated.

I can dig up more if need be.
I keep track of my research.

https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/trying-to-conceive/tips/cycle-conception-facts/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/262316-how-to-tell-the-exact-date-of-conception-in-pregnancy/

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:33 PM
I’ve done plenty of research, you’re just saying what I previously started in the comment above. LOL
You said to count the middle of her cycle as her ovulation day which is totally INCORRECT since every woman has a different ovulation day, which is what I was correcting and calling myth, and yes your ORIGINAL statement of “dividing in half” is total myth, so I’m going to call it that. 😊
I just said the only way to verify ovulation is by temping, which you repeated. You cannot use CM for every person since not all women, including myself produce EWCM, or even enough CM to base anything on.
OPK’s don’t work for everyone, I never said they did, for MOST women, I stated. OP didn’t mention PCOS which is why I included them.
I’ve been a member of TTC communities for 9 years, and spent 4 years of my life doing every ounce of research I could since we had secondary infertility and I couldn’t understand why we couldn’t get pregnant.
When I moved to temping to back my OPK’s with Ava I got pregnant the first cycle, so please don’t try to talk down or reprimand me on something that I know plenty about.

I believe the word you were looking for is “divide”.

Quoting Sassym0m24: People can ovulate late or early people do have variation.

But my information comes from baby center and web md and not old articles.

The only "sure" way to know you ovulated is to temp chart then confirm with cervical mucus, even then,some women's cirvical mucus like mine can mimic being fertile fluids when it's really not.

Also I'd advise you don't go by ovulation prediction kits they don't work for people with hormone issues like PCOS.

You notoriously get false positives.

Do the research before calling things a myth.

That�¢ï¿½ï¿½s more myth than truth.

I have a 25-28 day long cycle, some months I ovulated on CD 10, some on CD 14, and any time in between. Unless she was temping there�¢ï¿½ï¿½s no sure fire way to know when she ovulated.

OPK�¢ï¿½ï¿½s can be used, but even then it�¢ï¿½ï¿½s 12-36 hours after a positive OPK that �¢ï¿½ï¿½most�¢ï¿½ï¿½ women ovulate.

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Your links all said the same things I posted above, again, I already know and understand this.

If you’d like to discuss it further feel free to PM me so that we don’t clog OP’s post with stuff she wasn’t asking about. 😊

Quoting Sassym0m24: Also here's two reputable links with the info I stated.

I can dig up more if need be.

I keep track of my research.

https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/trying-to-conceive/tips/cycle-conception-facts/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/262316-how-to-tell-the-exact-date-of-conception-in-pregnancy/

That�¢ï¿½ï¿½s more myth than truth.

I have a 25-28 day long cycle, some months I ovulated on CD 10, some on CD 14, and any time in between. Unless she was temping there�¢ï¿½ï¿½s no sure fire way to know when she ovulated.

OPK�¢ï¿½ï¿½s can be used, but even then it�¢ï¿½ï¿½s 12-36 hours after a positive OPK that �¢ï¿½ï¿½most�¢ï¿½ï¿½ women ovulate.

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 11:42 PM

Sounds like your bf. Good luck with everything

Boileremily
by Member on Mar. 18, 2018 at 1:06 AM

I would have to say that it is your BF Sara!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)