Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Likelihood of plan B failure during ovulation window

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello everyone! I would like stories and opinions on likelihood a plan B failure pregnancy by expected ovulation day.

Here is my situation: My fiance and I are planning to TTC after we get married (2nd marriage for both of us). We have children from our previous marriages. After months of mood swings on the implant then the pill we decided he was in charge of contraceptives this month.

Ovulation window: 3/17-3/23
3/17 10:00pm No contraceptive
3/18 & 3/19 white (tacky?) Discharge, some sharp twinges.
3/19 10:00pm Plan B
3/19 10:30pm sharp cramping for about a half hour unlike pms, back pain.
Currently - woke up feeling bloated & freaking out. A pregnancy would definitely not be a bad thing but I just want to know what is going on in my womb area?!?!?! Scouring the internet on this topic.
Other factors - I am overweight and I hear that might impact effectiveness of plan B. My fiance is over 40 and I hear that might impact his swimmers.

Thank you everyone & I look forward to your replies. Anxiously.

by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missbritt22
by Brittany on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always heard not to take plan B if you are ovulating. I actually does the opposite of what it's supposed to do and actually helps your chances of getting pregnant 😣
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It’s likely it didn’t work. If you did get pregnant, you would NOT have any symptoms right now. It’s too early. It could be in your head because you’re thinking about it too much. Try not to worry about it. At this point it is what it is. You’ll know more in a couple weeks.
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM
From what I read it only stops implantation.

If egg already implanted because you didn't take it the day of or after...

It's not that it "failed" it's that you gave the egg time to implant before taking it.
ILFWY6
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM
Oh yeah, I know I wouldn't have pregnancy symptoms. And actually my previous pregnancy I knew I was pregnant because I felt fantastic during my typical PMS week instead of PMS symptoms. I was just wondering if the pain and stuff was from the plan B or implantation/ ovulation cramps or whatever.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:37 PM
I took plan b once before and it made me crazy from the hormones. It's basically like taking several birth control pills at once. It can stop ovulation if it hadn't happened yet. The discharge was probably from the sex. I'd think it's very likely plan b is causing your womb to feel all funky.
With that being said, my sister in law did get pregnant after taking plan b. And she miscarried because apparently it makes you more likely to miscarry if you do end up pregnant.
ILFWY6
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2018 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Got my period a day early.
Kinda sucks. Even though we want to wait I got excited.
On the bright side it was a learning experience. I felt horrible emotionally after taking Plan B. If we have another "oops" I'm not doing that again.
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2018 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a good chance that plan B didn't work which still doesn't mean you conceived obviously, but I think after 2 days there's only like a 25% likihood of it working or something. I've also heard it's a bad idea to take it while you're actually ovulating but that also makes no sense because if you're doing family planning then you wouldn't need plan B any other time idk lol.

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2018 at 12:48 PM

Oh sorry I just read ahead and saw you got your period! 

ILFWY6
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2018 at 4:32 PM

Quoting lyzzefrago:

There's a good chance that plan B didn't work which still doesn't mean you conceived obviously, but I think after 2 days there's only like a 25% likihood of it working or something. I've also heard it's a bad idea to take it while you're actually ovulating but that also makes no sense because if you're doing family planning then you wouldn't need plan B any other time idk lol.

I thought the same thing!!! What is the point? anyway, no worries, thanks for your comment. The whole experience was a reality check that we really want to start trying now and I shouldn't have taken away the oppurtunity. It was an impulsive decision to take plan B.

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah totally I feel you! I noticed after responding that this is a super old post I'm like oh oops lol. I get what you mean though like let fate decide I guess the world was trying to tell you something! When you think you conceived then you truly know how you feel. I took plan B when i was 17 and my bf was flipping his crap and I was disappointed that i had taken it. I knew and still know that it would have been terrible timing, he was 16 and I was 17, obviously both in high school, we had only been together 2 months etc but still I always wonder like would I have conceived....?

Quoting ILFWY6:

Quoting lyzzefrago:

I thought the same thing!!! What is the point? anyway, no worries, thanks for your comment. The whole experience was a reality check that we really want to start trying now and I shouldn't have taken away the oppurtunity. It was an impulsive decision to take plan B.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)