Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

23 weeks. Woke up feeling DRUNK!?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
So DH is gone for a few hours this morning. I woke up and did the normal morning things I do. Bathroom, coffee, chilling on the couch for a few min. Everything seemed to be going fine. Then had to make another trip to the bathroom lol. But when I came back to sit down I felt drunk. Without the feeling sick part. My vision was just, off. I can't slowly turn my head without it feeling like I was just spinning in circles as fast as I could. Ive read that vertigo is normal but at what point should I be worried? As of now its not really going away. I'm laying on my left side on the couch. My DH is gone. And at any point my 2 kiddos will be waking up. I'm hoping I feel better before then. Not sure cooking up some breakfast for them while feeling this way is a good idea. Yet I wont have much choice. I live in the middle of nowhere Ville KY, 6 hours from all my family, down a dead end road in the country. Beautiful place! Just no one to help me when I really need it. Which is frustrating on days like this. My OB isnt in office on Mondays so I'm not trying to find an emergency # for him (I know I should already know it, but I don't) or go to the ER over some normal vertigo. But I have never had it like this before. Anyone else? Anything I can do to help it?
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:57 AM

The ear crystals may have gotten dislodged. There are exercises you can try to see if that fixes your vertigo.  If it doesn't then you need to call your doctor.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo#1

mrs_mckay
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:02 PM
Check your bp.
vkp23
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:40 PM

I was gonna say check your blood pressure too

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:49 PM
I second checking your bp. I also wonder whether your iron is low. I've had anemia during pregnancy and have gotten lightheaded to the point of getting dizzy and blacking out.
anchorturtle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 6:39 PM
Did you get any answers? Sorry you don't feel good.
Momsoftwo93
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:10 PM
I took a small nap when DH came home. Woke up feeling much better. At my last 2 OB apt I was told I had really low blood pressure. Dr advised me to eat things such as a hard boiled egg with salt sprinkled on it and drink Gatorade. Which ive done my best to stick to but dont always keep up with it. If it happens again that bad I will definitely be calling my OB first thing. I have an apt in a little over a week. So I will at the least bring it up then!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)