Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foods during pregnancy...

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
Any tips on eating enough during pregnancy? I have a hard time eating what I need to. I am never hungry and it’s worse now than before I got pregnant. I didn’t eat much before (maybe 800-1100 calories, I didn’t count but I’m assuming that’s about the amount), and it hasn’t changed since.

I’m still in the first trimester, and I know people say I’ll get hungry in the second/third. But I’m trying to get myself to gradually go up instead of one day decide I can eat a bunch of food and gain a bunch of unwanted weight.

(I know I will eventually gain weight, and I’m not worried about that, but I don’t want to gain more than the average person, which is what would probably happen if I start eating twice as much as usually out of nowhere.)

I know they say to only go up 300 calories, but that’s still not a healthy calorie intake on top of what I usually eat...
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Really I just try to eat like I normally do, but add a couple healthy snacks into the day. I struggle with eating enough this time due to nausea though. I’m not throwing up, but I’m so nauseous all the time. And acid reflux. Everything hurts. **cry**

Baby will take what it needs as long as you’re putting in what you can.
starstruck88
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy almonds, yogurt, pickles, and string cheese to keep in the house if I'm feeling a bit more hungry to snack on through out the day.

vkp23
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

For right now, you can add easy calories, protein and nutrients with protein shakes.  I drink the Atkins and pure protein brands becuse they are lower in total carbs (carbs turn to sugar)

for later on, or even now if you wanted, go really high in protein, (healthy) fats and very low carb.  I have gestational diabetes.  I eat in average 25 grams in total carbs (not sugar count but total carbs) per meal.  You won’t gain a lot of weight.  I am actually 30 weeks about and I weight 10 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant.  And it’s healthy weight loss.  My doc isn’t concerned at all about my weight becuse I’m getting 2,000+ calories a day.  When you eat low carb, calories don’t matter.  I’m a big girl and I love my food.  I eat a good bit of food but I keep my carb counts really low.  I eat a lot of meat and a lot of veggies. I eat a little bit of fruit occasionally and my protein shakes. That’s it.  But I can eat an entire can of green beans and a MASSIVE steak and only have like 20 carbs.  And the weight is still falling off even though baby boy is on the big side. Going low carb and high protein too will help prevent gestational diabetes too.  

Hope this helps some. 

missbritt22
by Brittany on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Try the premier protein shakes and drink along with your meal once a day to add in some extra protein. That's what I've been drinking here lately because nothing sounded good to eat and drinking stuff was easier with the nausea, plus I was losing weight I didn't really have to lose. I can eat now that I'm on zofran and I'm not as nauseous and sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)