Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

32 weeks!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 2:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hey I'm 32+1 today and had my growth scan again. Babies are measuring 3lb12 and 3lb7. So the baby girl measuring 3lb7 is in the 5th percentile!! The preterm labor nurse I spoke to since I had an appt already with them on the phone set said most likely I'll just start getting NSTs but figured I would ask if anyone else has any stories about babies measuring small and what they do when that happens. I just want her to be safe even if that means I would need to have her sooner but I'm also wondering what to expect. I emailed my doctor but she's only in the office for half days Wednesdays and Thursdays and then Mondays so sometimes she's super busy and doesn't get back to me for a while. So figured I would ask for advice in the meantime to distract me. 

by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 6:53 PM
My second always measured small, I had weekly NSTs starting at 36 weeks and was induced a week after my due date. She was born weighing 6 lbs 5 oz
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:46 AM

What did they tell you though about that, they just monitored and everything looked good? I finally did get a call back from my doctors office right before work and they said I'll be recommended to the high risk dept first thing in the morning (apparently) and then I'll have weekly NSTs until (if I get there) 36 weeks and then 2x a week from there. Also I'll have either weekly or biweekly growth ultrasounds to just make sure there's growth and to see if she drops below 1% they want to keep her at 5th at least, but I don't think that's gona happen. I have an instict that she'll drop to even lower next time. We'll see though!

Do you know how far "behind" she was measuring? My baby "B" was originally exactly correct size and the other baby was always a few days behind and now "A" is only a few days behind to MAYYYBE 1 week and "B" is measuring 2 weeks behind so idk.

Quoting wiccanlove92: My second always measured small, I had weekly NSTs starting at 36 weeks and was induced a week after my due date. She was born weighing 6 lbs 5 oz

wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 3:34 PM
They kept an eye on her and would’ve induced early had she dropped below the 5th percentile. I had a biophysical profile done at 32 and 34 weeks then they decided to just do weekly NSTs until finally induced. She also had what I believe was a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of the normal 3 vessel so they think that contributed to her being a bit on the small side and probably doesn’t help that I’m only about 5’3 and weighed 120 lbs when I got pregnant with her. She was measuring anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 weeks behind where she should’ve been.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

What did they tell you though about that, they just monitored and everything looked good? I finally did get a call back from my doctors office right before work and they said I'll be recommended to the high risk dept first thing in the morning (apparently) and then I'll have weekly NSTs until (if I get there) 36 weeks and then 2x a week from there. Also I'll have either weekly or biweekly growth ultrasounds to just make sure there's growth and to see if she drops below 1% they want to keep her at 5th at least, but I don't think that's gona happen. I have an instict that she'll drop to even lower next time. We'll see though!

Do you know how far "behind" she was measuring? My baby "B" was originally exactly correct size and the other baby was always a few days behind and now "A" is only a few days behind to MAYYYBE 1 week and "B" is measuring 2 weeks behind so idk.

Quoting wiccanlove92: My second always measured small, I had weekly NSTs starting at 36 weeks and was induced a week after my due date. She was born weighing 6 lbs 5 oz

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM

Oh wow! Yeah I'm not sure if you saw my other post but I actually found out they were measuring even smaller at the next growth scan which obviously was from angle because we know they don't shrink lol but it wasn't a good sign. There was also abnormal blood flow to my "baby A" placenta and so I'm currently being induced. I'm in L&D right now they did mesoprostol twice and it's been really slow but we're trying. We'll see how long it takes for them to be born!

Quoting wiccanlove92: They kept an eye on her and would’ve induced early had she dropped below the 5th percentile. I had a biophysical profile done at 32 and 34 weeks then they decided to just do weekly NSTs until finally induced. She also had what I believe was a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of the normal 3 vessel so they think that contributed to her being a bit on the small side and probably doesn’t help that I’m only about 5’3 and weighed 120 lbs when I got pregnant with her. She was measuring anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 weeks behind where she should’ve been.
Quoting lyzzefrago:

wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2018 at 3:31 PM
Things have been busy so I haven’t checked this but hope you had your babies and everyone is doing good

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Oh wow! Yeah I'm not sure if you saw my other post but I actually found out they were measuring even smaller at the next growth scan which obviously was from angle because we know they don't shrink lol but it wasn't a good sign. There was also abnormal blood flow to my "baby A" placenta and so I'm currently being induced. I'm in L&D right now they did mesoprostol twice and it's been really slow but we're trying. We'll see how long it takes for them to be born!

Quoting wiccanlove92: They kept an eye on her and would’ve induced early had she dropped below the 5th percentile. I had a biophysical profile done at 32 and 34 weeks then they decided to just do weekly NSTs until finally induced. She also had what I believe was a 2 vessel umbilical cord instead of the normal 3 vessel so they think that contributed to her being a bit on the small side and probably doesn’t help that I’m only about 5’3 and weighed 120 lbs when I got pregnant with her. She was measuring anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 weeks behind where she should’ve been.

Quoting lyzzefrago:

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Yeah, it was a crazy birth story that got pretty scary at points at the end but all 3 of us are okay now. They're in the NICU and that's been extremely hard emotionally for me but what's important is all 3 of us are safe and soon all 3 of us will be home together!

Quoting wiccanlove92: Things have been busy so I haven’t checked this but hope you had your babies and everyone is doing good
Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting lyzzefrago:

wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2018 at 7:36 PM
Glad they’re here safe and hope they can come home soon

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Yeah, it was a crazy birth story that got pretty scary at points at the end but all 3 of us are okay now. They're in the NICU and that's been extremely hard emotionally for me but what's important is all 3 of us are safe and soon all 3 of us will be home together!

Quoting wiccanlove92: Things have been busy so I haven’t checked this but hope you had your babies and everyone is doing good

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting lyzzefrago:

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2018 at 5:39 PM
Me too thank you! They’re doing great with feeds but have to go 5 days with no slow down in heart rates and 2 days with no G tubes eating 2/3 or more of their feeds by the bottle and boob and they haven’t even taken the G tubes out yet. So soonest would be 5 days from today and I’m sure they won’t rush it like I wish they would try to. Not rush them of course but they’re already taking all their feeds via boob when I’m here which is 12-13 hours a day so 4 feeds so idk why they won’t have an idea of a date they can try having tubes out. I guess they want them better at bottle feeding first. I just hope they’re home for Mother’s Day!

Quoting wiccanlove92: Glad they’re here safe and hope they can come home soon

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Quoting lyzzefrago:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)