Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being induced (update and pic added)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2018 at 1:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hey everyone! 

I will be induced once both my steroid shots are done. I got one today at about 5:40pm and will get another tomorrow around the same time of course. Then about 24 hours later I'll be induced, so this time next week baby girls will be here!! 

It's early but they are concerned about oxygen and nutrients from the placenta because they found an abnormality in one of the placentas, and both babies are VERY low, we did a rescan today and they measured even smaller than yesterday (6.6% and 2.9%). 

Update: I am now in the hospital, still being induced TOMORROW but I got my second betamethasone shot and got an NST and an ultrasound! The team here is SO nice but I can't wait to go to bed lol, my nurse is amazing though that's here til 11 it makes me want to stay up til then just so I can take advantage of her whole shift lol. Tomorrow at this time I will be in pre-labor or in real labor!

by on Apr. 20, 2018 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh that's scary. I'm glad they discovered the problem early enough and that you were being monitored enough to detect it. Good luck! Wishing you and your babies a healthy, safe delivery and that they're hospital stay is as short as possible!
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 1:00 PM
Thank you! Me too!! The shortest stay at where I’ll be in my pregnancy that I’ve heard of is 1 week which would be okay I’m just hoping it isn’t like 7 weeks or something I’m preparing for 2-4 weeks so hopefully that’s the case or shorter!! And hopefully the injections do their job :). I’ll be about 33 weeks so it’s not the worst.

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A: Oh that's scary. I'm glad they discovered the problem early enough and that you were being monitored enough to detect it. Good luck! Wishing you and your babies a healthy, safe delivery and that they're hospital stay is as short as possible!
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM
Good luck with your induction! I hope everything goes smoothly.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 20, 2018 at 3:29 PM
Good luck and hopefully baby is good and strong. 33 weeks is early, but not super super early. <3

How are you feeling?
missbritt22
by Brittany on Apr. 20, 2018 at 4:38 PM
Hope everything goes smoothly! It's early but not too early. A girl in my due date group last pregnancy had her baby at 33 weeks and he did amazing! Never even needed oxygen!
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 5:36 PM

Thank you! Hopefully it will. The plan is to be admitted today at about 5pm PST but I'll still be on and off my computer!

Quoting mrsniebo: Good luck with your induction! I hope everything goes smoothly.

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah!! I got 2 babies in there to worry about! But I feel really confident with the team of doctors at my hospital, it's a level 3 center so they have everything they may need and hopefully won't even need all of that. 33 weeks is a good enough time especially with twins, the neonatologist told me 32 weeks was really the big point I had to get across and that I should feel confident in them being okay now that I've made it past. I'm actually more nervous about labor and delivery than about them being the NICU! Lol. I feel like I'll probably be upset and cry and stuff anyway because they're STILL being taken away from me immediately following birth after I get to see them and it's just scary having tubes and monitors on a newborn! But they will be okay, and that's what really matters.

Quoting kcangel63: Good luck and hopefully baby is good and strong. 33 weeks is early, but not super super early. <3 How are you feeling?

lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly what the neonatologist told me today :). She of course told me the risks but she said even though there's a risk of either or both babies needing something as much as a CPAP that it's also 100% possible that the steroids will work wonders and do their job and both babies may not need any help at all. She did tell me that they will be too young to feed and that they're going to have to feed via tube for at least a few days if not a little longer, so that was nerve wracking but I trust them I just want my daughters to have the nutrients they need. I have a lot of confidence in my NICU team though they all seem really nice and like they know exactly what they're doing.

Quoting missbritt22: Hope everything goes smoothly! It's early but not too early. A girl in my due date group last pregnancy had her baby at 33 weeks and he did amazing! Never even needed oxygen!

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck mama!
lyzzefrago
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:49 AM

Thank you! In the hospital now for the night everything was looking good on the NST and the ultrasound.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)