Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

May be TMI....

Posted by on May. 16, 2007 at 1:52 PM
  • 4 Replies
Sorry ladies but i have a yucky question.  I have so much mucus coming out of me down below  its rediculous.  Some is green and some brown.  I thought i had already lost my mucus plug last saturday when an enourmous clump came out of me. I had my membranes stripped last monday and my doctor said i would bleed a little but this seems excessive. 
I am 38 weeks.  I already called the doctor and she said it was normal but im still not convinced.  Anyone else had this happen???? Am i just paranoid????
by on May. 16, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gacgbaker
by on May. 16, 2007 at 5:53 PM
Sounds like it is still part of your mucous plug.  It can come out, and then it replinishes daily, so it could be that parts of it are still coming out. 
collinsdoxies
by on May. 17, 2007 at 5:24 AM
im 38 weeks too. Im not having green or brown,  more creamy white, i lost mine last week too. I had blood with it also, but its normal. i have still had consistant flow also...it really hasnt stopped, and i dont expect it will till she gets here next wednesday. everything up there is thinning out, and it has to go somewhere. I know its not glorious...i wont let my husband come near me! i just feel gross! good luck!
coridunn
by on May. 17, 2007 at 6:51 AM
Ladies.  When you lose your mucous plug it is supposed to be the onset of labor and according to my last OB it leaves the womb open for infection she said.  rousekelly23--I am surprised that you haven't had your baby already.  When I had my membranes stripped with my 2 year old within hours I was doubled over and in active labor.  My mucous plugs before were kind of grey looking.  I hope that you have your baby soon and good luck.
gacgbaker
by on May. 17, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Just to be clear about the mucous plug, when you lose it, it can be a sign that labor is coming, however you can lose it as early as 36 weeks, and still have weeks until labor hits.  It is layers of mucous (or secretions from the uterus) that protect you and baby from infection, but just like the mucous in your nose replinishes so does this. 

Here is some info on it, if you have more questions about it:

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5901,00.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)