Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it Twins?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
A friend of my was convinced she was having twins (turns out she wasn't) but can anyone out there who has had twins or knows any one who has, please clarify if there is a way to "tell".  I know there are a lot of old wives tales, just wondering if any were true for anyone?
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leggocuzimprego
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM

the only sure way to know is if you have and ultrasound, there are clues though that might point to twins like large for your dates or two heart beats, or some times your symptoms are worse like morning sickness or being tired.. This is my fourth pregnancy and I think that It might be twins, cause it is so different from the others and I'm really big for 13 weeks and I have really bad m/s and with the others I felt great. but I won't know until my 18 week visit,  good luck I hope it all turns out the way you want it to, keep us posted

lizzy89
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 10:46 PM
I just went through the same thing. i thought that i was going to be having twins. Cause i have been so much more sleepy and sick and i got alot bigger fater with this pregnancy then i did with my first. But i found out that it is only one.
angelkcm2
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I thought for sure I was having twins my m/s was so awful completely different then my first child I have an ultrasound tomorrow to find out the sex and to check again haha

Mrs.Morgan
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

u/s should show the truth

Lizyari
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Hi, I'm going to have twins and in my case a had pain on my left side from the day I ovulated and when I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't  eat anything because of the heartburns every day. Also  the twins family hystory play a lot in your life.

CMcLaws
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM
This is my 5th pregnancy (1st with my DH) and I was convinced it was twins. Not only is there no morning sickness and no heartburn (polar opposit from my other pregnancies), but I was HUGE by 8 weeks. There are twins on my side, and my DH is a twin. But I'm 20 weeks now and there is only one very busy little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM

ultrasound? lol

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Actually 100% knowing would be birth. LOL

Rach7
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Not sure but here is a bump.

Mom_to_Lincoln
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM

there's no way to tell without ultrasound. I had super high HCG, more symptoms then usual and even the nurses thought it would be twins and it was not. lol i also had a friend who had no symptoms and when she went for her first ultrsound it was triplets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)