Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I test now or wait it out?

Posted by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
First time posting on this board.  Wasn't sure where else to turn to for some advice.  I'm 25 years old, for all intense purposes I'm single, and I think I might be pregnant.

There is a chance I am jumping the gun.  I have yet to miss my period, though if I go based on last month I should of had it by now (though I have been known to be irregular).

Over the past few weeks I haven't really been feeling "myself".  This last week things have really taken a different turn.   My breasts have been insanely tender, nothing seems to give them any comfort.  I've also been extremely fatigued.  I find it hard to stay awake past 10pm and find that I am getting tired around 8pm.  There have been no real big changes in my schedule to affect my sleep patterns.  I noticed I was urinating more frequently, but not sure if its due to the fact that I mgiht be pregnant or that its been getting hot here and Im taking in more fluids through out the day.

I've had no spotting/bleeding.  Very little cramping.  Felt nauseated on occasion w/o any vomitting.  Experience mood swings.  I find that I can go from fine to irritated without any real reason.

I did have an unprotected encounter last week (Its been a couple of months since I stopped taking birth control.  I was on Yasmin, but currently do not have insurance and my Rx ran dry) of April with a guy I used to date.

I'm worried, but not sure if I am freaking myself out.  Should I take a home pregnancy test now or should I try and wait it out for a few more weeks?
by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2BeInSept
by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:26 PM
well, i dont know if this will make you feel better or worse, but how you are describing you feel is exactly how i felt the first few wks before taking my home preg test, which was positive! my very first sign with both of my pregnancies (i have a 4 yr old son and im 21 wks pregnant with a little girl) was that my boobs hurt so bad i couldnt hardly stand to take a shower!
angeleyes81882
by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:29 PM
It is a good possibility that you may be pregnant. Especially with the way you said your whole breasts are tender and not just your nipple (sorry for being blunt) Technically you have to wait atleast a week after your missed period to take a test and have the results be accurate. Some of those are symptoms that you may be getting ready to start your period (I'm sure you know lol) but I always feel it is best to play it safe. Take care.
Wild_Lily
by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:30 PM
I'd like to say it makes me feel better, but I dunno.  I know I should just test and put my mind at ease, ya know?  Just so I know.  But the whole thing really has me freaked out.
Wild_Lily
by on May. 16, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Well took one test and it came back neg. I'll test again in two weeks i my period still doesn't come.
Wild_Lily
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:36 AM
No idea if anyone is keeping tabs or wants to know.

Today the cramping seemed to worsen.  Thought for sure my period was coming, but all I did was spot (only noticed when going to the restroom) and it was a light pink to a very faint red and lasted a couple of hours.

Guessing when I tested last night it was too soon - would spotting like this be normal if you have yet to miss a period, but could possiblely be pregnant?
gacgbaker
by on May. 18, 2007 at 9:30 AM
Spotting like that could be what is called "implantation bleeding" that is when the fertilized egg, implants itself in your uterus, and that sometimes causes a little bleeding, like you described.  So it is still possible that you are pregnant.  False negitives happen all the time, from testing too early or even deluded urine.  So wait for your expected period, and then test first thing in the morning and don't drink water to make yourself have to go... that will give you the best results!  Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)