Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on....?

Posted by on May. 17, 2007 at 5:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am so frusterated with my doctor.  The farther along I get, the lower my blood pressure gets.  When I started I was a good 132/80 and now this week I am 100/60 with a pulse that is sky high in the 100's at resting.  I feel very light headed, short of breath and just overall rotten.  Just today I threw up all that I had so far.  I have been to my ob and he says that my BP and pulse are normal!  Maybe they are ok but when you see a gradual decrease in my history you would think he would do something..anything....I finally called my regular family doc and she did an EKG and said it was ok but ran some blood tests which I am awaiting results.  I just want to know if this is normal or if there is anything I can do to get this BP back up and pulse back down.  I can't even walk up the stairs without it skyrocketing to 130 and that worries me.  Any help, suggestions or possible answers?
by on May. 17, 2007 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Carolyn17
by on May. 17, 2007 at 7:27 PM
I'm not sure about your pulse, but I do know that around 20 weeks your blood pressure drops and that's what causes a lot of the dizzy spells and such that pregnant women get
Christine828
by on May. 17, 2007 at 7:58 PM
First and foremost remain calm, any additional stress you have over the problems can only make things worse.  Don't worry too much or the symptoms will seem worse.
brandyl1125
by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:03 AM
I know the feeling usually my blood pressure is 120/80 thats my norm. but since I got pregnant it 100/50 which I think sounds really bad and I am a CNA so i know what is and isn't normal but the doctors say its fine and my resting pulse is about 100 which is more then norm. for anyone the norm. resting rate is 70 to 80 but you have to accept what the doctors and nurses tell you right now is normal instead of being just you your bady is taking care now it also has a baby to take care of a new being inside you and make sure it gets all the nutrients it needs and some people hormones rage all threw pregnancy sorry to tell ya but you could possible feel this way to the end of your pregnancy til your body subsides to its normal state and hormone levels decrease hope this helps but there are measures you can take to help with the dizziness tell your doctor at the next visit also if you get dizzy try and eat something chocolate or salty that usually helps me to balance out
Blondesmv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:13 AM
I had the same issue last month, plus vision changes.  Since my bp was fine, they didnt care... *sigh* 
Reeses76
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Quoting Blondesmv:

I had the same issue last month, plus vision changes.  Since my bp was fine, they didnt care... *sigh* 

I just found out today that I'm anemic.  That could possibly be your problem also.  I would try to pursue that with your docs.  I was anemic my last pregnancy too but it took the doctor's long enough this time to figure out I was again.
Mamma-of-Many
by on May. 18, 2007 at 4:16 PM
My BP always goes way down in the last part of PG. and as for the pulse thing, for me that gets worse when I need more Iron. I get to where I feel like I have been running and all I did was go upstairs, or even just walk across the room.  It is bad. But taking iron has REALLY helpped a lot!
tiffany03
by on May. 18, 2007 at 4:21 PM
100/60 is still a very normal BP I have had BP's 90/40 or so and the DR's were not worried they said that it may cause light headedness, dizziness  etc. but all in all nothing really to worry about. They also say that it is very common for BP's to lower in Pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured