Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Insomnia???

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hey ya'll i was just curious to see if i was the only one who suffers from insomnia in the last week of pregnancy!?!? I am 38 weeks 2 days, and if she dosent arrive before, in 5 days i will be induced. I just cant sleep. I'm not sure if its my body preparing me for no sleep...im not sure if its a good or a bad thing. Im a little tired during the day, and its usually easier for me to sleep during the day! its so weird. I have never been so tired, but at the same time, energized!

by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lizzygurl_81
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:13 AM
i have always went toi sleep at 3-or 4 am i know that counds terrible but i just like to sleep during the day expecialy if i dont have to work.......i like to talk on here and to my friend who is also the same way.....just thought that i would share

jefflovesme
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:18 AM
  I am almost 31 weeks along and for the last few day I have not been able to sleep. Before now I would sleep for 10 hours a night now I can barely get 5. I am tired but I cant seem to get comfortable anymore.
sexylilmamaof3
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:49 AM
yeah I cant sleep neither I just cant fall asleep till about 330 or 4 and when I do I keep waking up every half hour or so to pee and my back is killing me !! but i'm exhausted all day but as soon as night hits i'm all awake it sucks !
collinsdoxies
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:52 AM
I hate this!
honeybee3917
by on May. 18, 2007 at 4:56 AM
im the same way im 37 weeks and for the last week i can not sleep at night im up till 2 at least and then up every hour it seems like....this is not fun i love my sleep,lol....
cudamama70
by on May. 18, 2007 at 5:09 AM

I am not currently pregnant, but as a mommy of 3 I can tell you that insomnia is perfectly normal, especially during the last part of pregnancy.  Try this:  keep track of the times you wake up at night, especially the times that you wake up hungry, and most of the time (at least with my kids) whatever time I woke up during my pregnancy was the time they woke up to nurse after they were born.  Unfortunately after going from baby to baby to baby for 7 years, I can't sleep through the night, I have become programmed.  It does suck to hear everyone in the house snoring and your eyes are wide open.  Hang in there, you're almost done, and remember this when in labor...The harder you push, the faster it's done and over with.  If this is your first I can give you this bit of inspiration:  As soon as the baby comes out, the intense pain instantly stops!!It's like turning off a light switch so don't be a "push wuss" (that's what my ob called it) get that baby out!!  Good Luck to you and your beautiful baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)