Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and single...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:28 PM
  • 15 Replies
yup the love of my life cant handle me anymore....so he says. i continuously bitch at him....to save money.....i continuously yell at him....to pay more  attenion to me then his friends. i ask him to many questions.....whats so wrong with asking where are you and who are you with???  i guess i have a bad attitude...."you were never like this until you got pregnant."  why are guys so stupid? i know no one can answer that haha.....he told me you know "if we got married we'd end up divorcing.....we both know that Ashley"  but the thing is i never thought that.....i love him. he is my 1st boyfriend my 1st love. my baby's father.....and he is leaving me all alone...."because he cant handle me"  he broke my heart....Cry i want him to take responsibility. i want him to save his money. i want him to be a good father....i mean its not about us its about our baby.......he tells me yeahhh ill be there for our daughter financially. i need someone there to help me threw the night. watch her take her 1st step. drop her off for her 1st day of school....i did't know i wanted a family with him.....and in the begining he was all for it....25 weeks later he cant handle it....WTF??? this wasn't supposed to happen....he told me he didn't want to be like his father. he said he wanted to be there for everything and be the best father he could.....I'm just really really hurt and worried for my daughter....sorry i need to vent...Cry
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaotikmodelmom
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM
i am sorry to hear all of this. if you need to talk, i am here.
mbmomof3
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:57 PM
I am so sorry that you have to go through this. There is a lot to say but not enough time or space to say it...I do agree with you that he should step up, he is acting a bit immature, but that being said, I think men are allowed to freak out a little because their whole world is going to change to. Women can blame it on pregnancy but Men don't really have an excuse. Unfortunately most men (that I know anyway) don't want to be forced or feel pushed or be told what to do, that isn't to say that is what you are doing, but who knows what he is thinking, and if he feels that at all, he might be pulling away out of panic. Especially if he doesn't have any friends who have babies then that may be another cause for his panic. If he is a little afraid then I would say that it may be time to wave the white flag of surrender. Again, I agree with what you said about him saving money, listening to you and spending time with you, you are right, but he doesn't need to know that, if you want him back your best bet may be surrender. Say you are sorry. One thing I know about marriage/relationship is that sometimes you lose little battles that you should win. If you want a marriage/relationship to work sometimes that has to happen. That being said, if he is just a little afraid, he should change his ways on his own with out any force. If he is just too irresponsible then he isn't likely to change very soon, and there probably isn't anything you can do (maybe not the case as he was so willing to step up early on). In the end I do believe that true love wins out and things work out the way they are supposed to! I hope that he comes to and realizes how much you love him! Best wishes!
Jgal262004
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:57 PM
Girlie don't I know your pain...I'm going through similar problems over here...and here I am six - seven weeks pregnant.  And emotional and crap and how about you have him tell you that you being pregnant is not a good time and that he would like to be happy and crap but he's not...so emotional me is all upset and whoa is me...on kid number 2 and still a single parent.Cry
Stephanie88B
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 12:31 AM

same here.... kid number 2... still single... miserable and lonely at times..

angela.bouchard
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 12:59 AM
(((((Hugs)))))
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:34 AM

(((((hugs)))))

calilove33
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM

Im so sorry! Wow that must be so difficult.

One-n-Counting
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:51 AM

hugs

ash50
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM

I couldnt have said it better myself. Sometimes its best to just back off a bit and let him work things out for himself. He's probably freaking out just like you are. ((Hugs))

Quoting mbmomof3:

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. There is a lot to say but not enough time or space to say it...I do agree with you that he should step up, he is acting a bit immature, but that being said, I think men are allowed to freak out a little because their whole world is going to change to. Women can blame it on pregnancy but Men don't really have an excuse. Unfortunately most men (that I know anyway) don't want to be forced or feel pushed or be told what to do, that isn't to say that is what you are doing, but who knows what he is thinking, and if he feels that at all, he might be pulling away out of panic. Especially if he doesn't have any friends who have babies then that may be another cause for his panic. If he is a little afraid then I would say that it may be time to wave the white flag of surrender. Again, I agree with what you said about him saving money, listening to you and spending time with you, you are right, but he doesn't need to know that, if you want him back your best bet may be surrender. Say you are sorry. One thing I know about marriage/relationship is that sometimes you lose little battles that you should win. If you want a marriage/relationship to work sometimes that has to happen. That being said, if he is just a little afraid, he should change his ways on his own with out any force. If he is just too irresponsible then he isn't likely to change very soon, and there probably isn't anything you can do (maybe not the case as he was so willing to step up early on). In the end I do believe that true love wins out and things work out the way they are supposed to! I hope that he comes to and realizes how much you love him! Best wishes!

ainamama
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 2:42 AM

hugs mama!

this is good advice...hoping for the best outcome for you!

Quoting ash50:

I couldnt have said it better myself. Sometimes its best to just back off a bit and let him work things out for himself. He's probably freaking out just like you are. ((Hugs))

Quoting mbmomof3:

Mother of four children,living off the grid on the Island of Hawaii!Please check out my Earth Friendly Apparel & More in my Etsy shop!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoulRole

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)