Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

need advice..please give me ideas..

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
i am 6 weeks pregnant now, and i havent told my mom yet that i am pregnant. and everytime i want to bring it up with her or even mention anything about pregnancy. and before i even say a word about that i am she says i hope you arent pregnant again.  and i respond to that  i am not.  i dont like to lie to her but just cant get myself to tell her without worry about her getting upset. i want to tell her but i need ideas how and when you guys think is best to let her know.
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nicoler
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:14 PM
I think the sooner the better.  She'll be more upset if she realizes you're lying.  Good luck!
Blondesmv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:49 PM
I agree with pp, you need to tell her as soon as possible, who knows, she might even be happy about it... eventually.
KayleysMomma
by on May. 18, 2007 at 3:52 PM
Tell her as soon as she says that. That way she'll feel upset at her self.  I didn't tell my parents until i was 6 1/2 months pregnant...........(i was too scared and i wasn't showing at all)  BUT my mom already knew by looking at me. 

So, the sooner the better, sooner because she'll stop hurting your feelings, and who knows, maybe she'd be excited over it.
benjismom2
by on May. 18, 2007 at 7:11 PM

thanks for the advice i think you guys are right i should tell her sooner than later but i am not when the good time time is.

thurstensmom
by Member on May. 18, 2007 at 10:17 PM
I don't know if this would work for you or not but I thought it would be easiest to tell my family by not saying anything at all instead I made my son a t-shirt I wrote on it "look who's going to be a big brother!" then I just made sure he was wearing it when he approached his grandparents, I was nervous about them knowing because we are not very stable financially and I thought they would be upset but they just gushed over my son and it was great!
addieslilmomma
by on May. 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM

my daughter was onyl six months when i found out i was preg again.. and my mom did the same thing. every time i was sick or anything like that she always said god dont you tell me your preg again... please. and one day she said that.. and i just said... what would you do if i was? spank me and take away my birthday ? (lol) i thought she would be mad but she just smiled and shes excited. i found they really dont care too much as long as after they come out they can hold them allt hey want until they are sick of it and then they can give them back lol

Jeepgirl02
by on May. 19, 2007 at 12:12 AM
We had found out right before Christmas that I was preg with #2. We decided to tell everyone on Xmas Eve and have our oldest tell everyone. While we were waiting on my mother in-law to come in the room, my father in-law looked at me and said "you're not pregnant are you?" I just smiled and let me daughter tell everyone how she was going to be a big sister. No one in our families were to thrilled on anyone of my preg.
collinsdoxies
by on May. 19, 2007 at 2:21 AM
My mom is really big into church, and im not married and im having my  baby in 4 days, the way i looked at it is, im going to be responsible for a childs whole life, i had better start to cowgirl up now, before she gets here, so i went to my mom and told her myself. I did it on the phone though, but i told her that the baby is here, wether anyone likes it or not, and im going to take the responsibilities that i have to now. the whole, i've matured and realized what it means to take responsibility bit really helped her. I havent heard her complain about this baby once. And shes actually coming to my house for the first time tomorrow, who knows it may bring you and your mom closer! Just tell her the truth, tell her you were scared.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN