Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HoW To MaKe BaBy MoVe....??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 4:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Im 17 weeks Today! Last night i felt my baby kick from the outside for the 1st time!!!!!! unfortunately i had sent daddy to get me some water in the kitchen when it all happened..:( so when he got back i was trying to get him to see if baby moved again but nothing...then he tried talking to the baby and put his head on my tummy ..then the baby gave a light kick to his head but he didnt feel it (what a dork!!!)..then the  baby didnt move again :( so my question is..how do i get baby to move for daddy to feel?!

by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SWGA_Mommy
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 4:24 PM

My baby is stubborn like that too.  She moves all the time for me but when I want someone else to feel it she stays still.  Sometimes when I push lightly around my belly she will kick back.  As you get further along also the baby will move more, he will be able to feel it then. 

christaberk
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Daddy didn't feel Catie move until a week ago-- I was 23 weeks along. I wish I knew how to make baby move--- I'd make my little one move all the time!

~Christa~

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kshipmay2008
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM
you could try drinking a tall glass of ice cold water. That's what my dr. told me to do when I could not feel her and it worked. Or try some orange juice, or even a small amount of caffeine! LOL....all of these tricks have worked but babies will move when they want to. My DH has only felt her like twice because everytime she gets going and he puts his hand on my stomach she stops!!!! She's already a momma's girl....LOL!!!!
GonnaBeAMomma
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM

CAPS STUCK
LAY ON YOUR LEFT SIDE (IUNNO WHY, THATS WHAT DR TOLDME LAST WEEK)

DRINK SOMETHING REALLY COLD AND SURGERY AND THEN YOU SHOLD GET ATLEAST 10 MOVEMENTS IN 2 HRS.

IF NOT ADD A REAL COLD RAG TO YOUR TUMMY. i GUESS YOU COULD TRY A LIL ICE TOO?

Sorry about typing, my keyboard is skipping keys for some reason and a cleaning didn't help it!
mom2be1985
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM
this is what i did after i felt the baby move and hubby did not i drank alot of water and had a suger drink kool aid or soemthing with alot of suger and then lay down on your left side and have your hubby or s/o put his hand on your belly for a few mins once the baby feels that cold and gets the suger your baby will move like he /she wants out now.lol it works we do it all the time.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:03 PM
well believe it or not the baby is moving all the time and since your only 17 weeks along you may only be feeling every other kick which may be the strong ones. So wait another week and you may be feeling the baby kicking alot more as the kicks get stronger from the baby.
xMommyx2xbe
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:06 PM
Thanx ladies ill try that tonight!! when bf gets home 4rm work :D any other suggestionz?
1stpreggo
by on Feb. 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM
Have something sweet, that usually does it...ESPECIALLY orange juice! Then just lay down and relax for a bit and you'll probably feel the baby move. Or sometimes you can press on your belly and they'll touch you back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)