Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Chances of going into labor early with third child

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so I am pregnant with my third...I went into labor with my first 10 days early and was induced 7 days early with my second due to high blood pressure towards the end. But I had lost my mucus plug the day before so I figured I wasn't far off.My question is what are the chances of me going early with this one? I assumed since its my third I probably won't make it to my due date but a friend of mine went early with all hers and was overdue with her third.  So how many mommies went early with their third or carried past due date?

by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wantinga5th
by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM
I was past due with my third, but I was past due with the first two also, so I think I'm just a "past due date" kinda person.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM
It is impossible to say. There is a possibility that you gestate your babies more quickly than the average 40 weeks. (*That 40 weeks is in the very middle of the average that most women gestate for: 38-42 weeks.) But if you let nature do it's thing you'll be in that range, most likely. ;-)
justamomof4
by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM
my 1st was 4 days early, 2cd 6 days overdue, 3rd went into labor on due date, 4th induced 3 weeks early because of GD. You never know what's gonna happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)