Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

does anyone??

Posted by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:54 AM
  • 10 Replies
does anyone else roll over in the middle of the night on to your stomache???
I do and wake up in extreme pain but it goes away after I get off my belly, I have tryed to use a body pillow, I have tryed to sleep on my back, nothing is working and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions??
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becca87
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:56 AM
I guess you're not supposed to sleep on your back, it constricts the major blood vessels and things to the baby but I just always slept on my left side. I know it hurt to sleep on my tummy but I did it anyway, that was my favorite position.
armymom2007
by on May. 22, 2007 at 10:57 AM
Sleeping on your back can be more dangerous than sleeping on ur tummy. Laying on your back causes baby to shift into your back and press on your organs and spine.
momof3munkeyz
by on May. 22, 2007 at 11:01 AM
Yes I have woke up like that before. And everything was fine. I would talk to your OB and see let them know whats up. What I used to do is I ended up buying 2 more body pillows to surround me one underneath me and one on either side of me. I dunno if it helped but I stopped having belly pains. Even with waking up on my stomach.
bellamama1231
by on May. 22, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Yeah, I've done that before. It stops once you get too big to roll onto your tummy! There's nothing you can really do if you're a stomach sleeper, like I am. That's probably the only drawback to being pregnant.
ChasinYourHeart
by on May. 22, 2007 at 11:48 AM
I find myself on my back all of the time.  I fall asleep on my side, then my hip hurts like hell, then i wake up on my back.  I have to keep a pillow beside me so that when I do roll onto my back, one side is slightly elevated, I guess that is better than nothing?!  If my husband sleeps right beside me i am fine, because I know I cannot roll anywhere, but as soon as he turns over, i do too!
mama2be101207
by on May. 22, 2007 at 12:22 PM
i sleep on the left side on my stomach like half way on and off my stomach and it is the only way to sleep and my doctor has never told me which way to sleep and not to sleep!!!  so i will continue to do it until she says not to!!!!
luvmyfam
by on May. 22, 2007 at 12:25 PM
I never rolled over in my sleep. If I needed to turn I would always wake up and roll over...It sucked because I was waking up to roll all the time. I normally was on my sides, or back even though I wasn't supposed to be. My hips would be killing me when I would wake up. It's just one of the things you have to deal with I guess...
Carolyn17
by on May. 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM
I've been told the best way to sleep is on your left side, i know they sell wedges to put on either side of you so that you don't roll onto your back
crystaldawn2007
by on May. 22, 2007 at 2:03 PM
With my 1st child... I slept on my belly the whole 9 mo.'s
Dr told me if I was comfortable then there was nothing to worry about.
Baby turned out fine, he's now 6 1/2yrs old.

GOOD LUCK
mommy2andi
by on May. 22, 2007 at 2:40 PM
My SIL was very uncomfortable during her pregnancy.  So they went to a seminar somewhere in the south & stopped at a convention where she tested this  awesome couch....somewhere else after the seminar... anyways, my sil has this awesome couch that she had tested out and then it was sent to her via fed ex or what ever.. It is expensive, but omg it is worth the money and the comfortness of this couch was awesome.. it molds to your body.  My sil was able to sleep every which way possible.  

I want this now.. .LOL

http://www.cordaroys.com/bbs_king.asp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN