Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bad Cold and 28 weeks pregnant what can I do to help this?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 3:55 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant have a horrible cold and can't sleep at all between not being able to breathe and having a heavy chest with cough what can I do to help this feel any better so I can sleep?
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CStanfield85
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 3:59 AM
You can take Benadryl.
BlueOne39
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 4:01 AM
Saline drops in the nose, often.  It helps loosen everything and you either can blow your nose, or it drains down your throat (sorry, graphic, I know).

Steamy showers help.

You can probably use something like Vicks on your chest to help congestion, but check with the doc.  I do think you can use Sudafed if you need to, again check with your doc.

Chicken soup, lots of  liquids to thin out the mucus. 

Sorry you are feeling so rotten.  :-(   Also, check your temperature.  If you are running a fever, you need to tell the doc.

"What's the difference between a bookkeeper in New York's garment district and a U.S. Supreme Court justice?  One generation."  ~  Ruth Bader Ginsberg

nmlyndsee
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 4:08 AM
I just went to my OB 2 weeks ago and I had the same problem.  He gave me this one time antibiotic,benadryl and robitussin DM.  I took the antibiotic and mostly the robitussin when I went to bed I felt better in 2 days.
BlueOne39
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 4:08 AM
Also, the stuff you do for a baby.  Humidifier in the room, prop yourself up a bit on pillows, etc.  Hope you feel better soon.  :-(

"What's the difference between a bookkeeper in New York's garment district and a U.S. Supreme Court justice?  One generation."  ~  Ruth Bader Ginsberg

dengel
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 9:24 AM
i was sick for over 3 weeks and my doc finally put me on claritan d(worked wonders) and a sample of nasal spray called rhinocort(think) and I was better in 3 days. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)