Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
OK, I am really thinking about well not thinking but am going to get on birth control after this baby, I really want to get my tubes tied but afraid it might be something I regret in a few years even though I swear this is my last pregnancy but you never know anyways....I am bad at taking pills, the patch I just never liked and plus my insurance will cover it and I will lose my insurance 60 days after I have baby therefore something long term would be great! SO the IUD I was thinking would be a great option since its a long year plan and can be taken out at anytime....but I have heard of more bad experiences from people that have had it then good....I plan on talking to my Dr more about it in a few weeks since I don't have much longer before I have baby BUT from the ones that have actually used it and know what its really like.....any recommendations? Is there more then one type and how do they vary between each other or determine which one is best for you? And does it really make you bleed for a long time and make you sick...etc, etc...input would be great so I can decide! Thanks!
babies
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Replies (11-12):
zoiesmama
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 1:39 PM
i had the marina inserted but i was pregnant when they did and we didnt know and they didnt take it out because it was to far up my doctor said it wont hurt my baby at all they will just remove it when i deliver and it will not puncsure yor uterus or anything i think it is probably one of the best things you can get for birth control
saralouise
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 1:39 PM
I never liked any sort of birth control except the NUVARING. it dind't make me sick and you only put it in, take it out after 3 wks, have a period and put in a new one on day 7. I strongly suggest this one because the IUD,,,,I way didn't like it. I bled on and off all the time and had cramping that I've never had before. the nuvaring was the best thing for me. I don't do pills well, between forgetting to take them and vomiting constantly, the patch made me sick as well and was just nasty to take care of. good luck hope you figure out what's good for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN