Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

FLU OMG

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
yesterday i was in the hospital they told me i have the flu. I barely go out so  i tried to figure out how i got it. but i got it. I feel miserable ladies realy realy swollen throat, aching body, whole nine yards it sucks. any sugestions on how to feel better remedies anything will help
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CMcDougal
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Invest in a vaporizer! I use mine to prevent the preggers nosebleeds. I love it! Mine even has a little place where you can put a Vick's inhalant, might be worth a shot. Hope you feel better :)

Adkins4
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM
I have the flu too! I am 29wks. and I went to my regular family dr. well they didn't do a dang thing for me and when I got home I started running a fever, so I called my OB and he had me come in...They ran test on me and I came back positive for the flu...so my OB prescribed me something called Tamiflu.....It is really helping! Maybe you should ask for that!
KaylanaBana
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:39 PM
I had the flu over Christmas, I was 11 weeks so the morning sickness was still there too, which really made it horrible, lol.  The only thing that helped a tiny bit was just putting a wet washcloth on my head and going to sleep.  It was hard because my daughter was getting into everything that she normally leaves alone, and my fiance also had it at the same time.  We tried a vaporizer and it made my throat feel worse.  Drinking an slurpie helped my throat while I was drinking it, but as soon as I finished it, I felt the pain again, lol.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

ovbaby3
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:46 PM
are you pregnant with a girl??? everyone i know that is pregnant with a girl gets sicker than a dog and everyone i know that is pregnant with a boy is healthy as can be... I have been sick for 8 months now... i had a stomach flu, then a cold, then a cold/flu then a stomach flu then cold/flu... the congestion and sniffling never goes away... hahaha its miserable... BUT stay SUPER SUPER hydrated, because when i was sick with my cold I slept and slept and slept and I wasnt drinking enough liquids... ended up gettin a bladder infection because i wasnt peein enough and then I got a kidney infection and had kidney stones and ended up in preterm labor... twice... sooooo TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! drinking 3 liters of water a day and pee as often as you can... because when you are sick you pee more... flushing it out of yourself... take airborne... or trader joes has a cheaper one... called air armor... i drink it just once or twice a day and it perks me up and makes me feel alot healthier
six_and1comeing
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Quoting Adkins4:

I have the flu too! I am 29wks. and I went to my regular family dr. well they didn't do a dang thing for me and when I got home I started running a fever, so I called my OB and he had me come in...They ran test on me and I came back positive for the flu...so my OB prescribed me something called Tamiflu.....It is really helping! Maybe you should ask for that!

when i went to the er they said there was nothing i could do they lied lol. i hate this i cant kiss my hubby or play with my munchkin thank u i will ask about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN