Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

WHAT COULD THiS BE? *CONCERNED* LONG PiOG

ok imma try and explain this as good as i can
im almost 20 weeks pregnant
and yesterday i started feeling a pain in my ribs (the left side) that kind of feel like a sore pain, like a pain you would feel after you get hit there, or the kind of pain you would feel in you stomach for doing too much sit-ups
i could even feel it if i put pressure on the area with my fingers, and wen i rub the area it feels like i can feel a muscle, i started feelign this yesterday night, and i still feel it now, i can feel it if i bend to that side, or if i walk, or basically make any kind of movement
i asked my mother about it and she thinks possibly its the baby, maybe it kicked me there, or is leaning on that area, but i think the baby might still be to small to reach up there, but im not very tall, only 5'3-5'4 so i dont kno maybe it can be the baby, but wouldnt i have felt tha baby kick there? and whenever i feel the baby kick i always feel her at my lower abdomen, my father thinks that maybe i pulled a muscle without realizing it, or that the cup on my bra is rubbing on the area because im wearing a bra thats still a little big on me but feels comfortable and i can grow into it, but ive been wearing it for awhile, why would i feel it now?
i called the doctor and she said dont know what it can be, she thinks it might be the baby as well and for me to put a warm compress on it and if it dont relieve the pain to go to the hospital
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS CAN BE? ANYONE ELSE ESPERIENCED THIS WHILE PREGNANT?
im so worried and concerned because this is my first pregnancy and baby =[
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM
Replies (11-13):
exquisiitejade
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Quoting jaysmama71:

Quoting exquisiitejade:

Quoting jaysmama71:

My guess is that it is sore muscles from your growing uterus. Sometimes I get a really sharp pain in my left side, right below my ribs and it has happened with all of my pregnancies. I can't explain why it's worse on one side than the other but it just happenes sometimes. You will feel all kinds of pains and cramps and stuff throughout your pregnancy. Most will be nothing to concern yourself about but if you are worried then make an appointment to see your OB. HTH!

Tessa
when i called my doctor she didnt seem like it was something to be concerned about (guess she gets calls about this everyday) she just sed if a warm compress dont  relieve the pain then go to the hospital, i dont have a warm compress tho so i just been sticking it out, but my next appt with my OB is march 5, and next wed the 27th i have a anatomy U/S appt at the hospital the doctor referred me too, so maybe ill ask then if it dont go away by then =/
Get a wash rag and get it wet either with hot water or put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so and then put on the tender area. That is basically what a hot compress is.
lol thanks for some reason i kept thinking about a hot/cold pack lol
ovbaby3
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM
mine didnt tingle at first... it just was sore... but its been happening for 12 weeks now... so it tingles now... but cold and heat makes mine feel better... sometimes i get those neck pillow things that you can microwave... or freeze... i do those... i alternate between hot and cold and i always do the warm one last... i do cold... then hot then cold then hot and then i try to go to bed before it starts to hurt again!!!
Quoting exquisiitejade:

usmcwife05
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:29 PM
I get these pains daily on the same side. Sometimes they even wake me up in the middle of the night. I wouldn't worry. My doc said it was just muscles stretching and try using heat or taking some tylonol. Best of luck to you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)