Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Twins...

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
I don't have my first doctor's appointment for 2 more weeks, but for the past couple of weeks I have had an overwhelming feeling that I have twins in there.  The do run in my family, but no one has had them in about 3 generations.  Anyone else get this feeling?  Where you right?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LaceyLady
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Im either 10 weeks and 1 day or 14 weeks and 1 day or im 10 weeks and 1 day preggo with twins! I go for a sonogram appt tommarrow.. Every doc appointment I have a had.. when they press on my tummy they say to each other " Im measuring further along" .. then they whip out the heart beat machine and they still havent heard the heartbeat like they wanted too.. They said it could be that im 14 wks along and becuase my uterus is severly tilted as to why at 13 weeks they couldnt hear the heartbeat well... OR Im measuring further becuase its twins (which does run in my family) OR I DUNNO LOL So there is a chance or twins... Or 10 wks or 14 wks ... Man im soooo nervous! Here is my big tummy at 10 or 14 wks exact (yesterday lol)

im posing i know here is a straight on shot with me and my daughter..

So am I 10 with single? 10 with double? or 14 wk single? WHO KNOWS LOL I find out tommarrow! Good luck and congrats!
Sweet_poison
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Omg i have the gut feeling that there 2 in side me also but we arnt going to find out for a long time and twins run on his side of the family. he was a twin, his mom is a twin, his grandpa is a twin, .. wow I cant wait to find out
PrincessMom2008
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I had the strongest instinct I was having twins this time around. They also run in our family on my side with fraternals. My pregnancy was so different this time, with MS, extremely tired & moody...but only one in there. So hunches can be wrong sometimes. Never know though! Could be more than one, especially if you're measuring ahead. They haven't checked my measurement yet but I had an U/S on my first appointment.

Will you be Alyssa Jasmine or Nathan Isaiah? Can't wait to see!

CMcDougal
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Sweet_poison:

Omg i have the gut feeling that there 2 in side me also but we arnt going to find out for a long time and twins run on his side of the family. he was a twin, his mom is a twin, his grandpa is a twin, .. wow I cant wait to find out

Daddy's genetics for twins don't affect your odds. Fraternal twins run on the mother's side only and identical twins are a natural occurance. I had to do a little research when I found out I was pregnant because twins run on BOTH sides of my hubby's family, lol.
mrsmarklewis
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Twins run in my family, also. I had a feeling I was pregnant with twins...I was pretty big but not really huge. When I had an US at 14 weeks, they found one baby and an empty sac. Chances are she was a twin and I lost her early on. So...not sure if my instincts were right or not.

HOWEVER...lol. I had a friend who got pregnant unexpectedly and found out at her appointment that the reason she was as big as a house was because she was pregnant with twins. She delivered naturally...6lb and 7lb boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)