Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had lap band surgery to loose weight and even before that I had been trying to get pregnant, but nothing ever worked. After loosing 90 lbs me and my boyfriend kept on trying and nothing, my periods were so irregular I never paid attention to the dates or anything I just knew it would come the first 2 weeks of the month. On new years I got my period, I was very surprised then 2 days later it left, then it came back. On feb. 8th I was on my way to visit my mother when I felt soooo sick, my world spinned and i started sweating, when it was about 40 degrees outside. I drove back home and fell asleep. The next day at lunch at my 2 week old new job, I bought a test. This was probably the 20th test i had bought so I didn't pay attention when I took it, I knew it was going to be negative like all the others. I felt gloomy when I saw one line right away and said "Oh who am I freaking kidding?" I put my pants up and then glanced at it one more time. TWO LINES!!!! I sat back in the toilet and laughed and cried at the same time. That night I told my bf and he went into a state of shock! He's happy, nervous at the same time. I'm 2 months pregnant now and due on Oct. 9th, my bday is on Oct. 31st.... nice! I am so happy and can't wait till my belly grows because of my baby not because of my fatness like before. lol... I'm happy.. Thank god....
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvbnmom
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes!
AndreLillysmama
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 6:48 PM
Thats absolutly adorable!!!!  I sure this is so exciting, how long where you guys trying?
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Congratulations!  Make sure you write that story down for your little one to read when they are older... very cute story!
Hlask06
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 7:19 PM
Fantastic! Congrats! I know that weird excited feeling for sure! It's so nice when you've been trying and Suprise! I am due Sept 8th with my first! Keep in touch girl!
Holli
jerri
by on Mar. 2, 2007 at 9:51 AM
 congrats!! my sister had the lap band too and went on to have a great pregnancy and a very health baby girl.
adyelise485
by on Mar. 2, 2007 at 10:06 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!  I am really excited for you, I hope everything goes well, and I'm sure you are going to have a beautiful baby!
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Congratulations! It's such a fun journey when you're expecting. You're gonna love it!

40sandPreg
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Aww, Congrats!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured