Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Non-Alcoholic Beer while Pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm sure that everyone has heard the old tale that an occational glass of red wine is good for your baby....... now they are saying not to do it because it isn't proven how much alcohol is ok for your baby. 

They say it is the yeast (what I've heard anyway) that is good for the baby, so isn't non-alcoholic beer a great substitute?  I've never actually heard anyone say that, but it makes sense to me.  Do any of you know why non-alcoholic beer wouldn't be good while pregnant or if it is really good? 

I'm just curious why I keep hearing about a glass of wine a night, but I've never heard about a non-alcoholic beer???

Admin of THE REAL ESTATE MARKET Agents, Investors, Buyers, Sellers, Loan Officers, Web designers, any one else effected by the Real Estate Market, anyone who has questions; come join us!

by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysAmi
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Ooooo I am really interested to know about non alcoholic beer too.  I couldnt help myself and had two drinks of my husband beer the other night.  (Yeah I am probably going to hell.)  It would be nice to have cold beer on a hot day though.  Hope someone knows!

3boym
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Probably a smidge of anything is fine, and more than a smidge is no good!

The problem is the alchohol content.
kscwrcsmom
The reason small amounts of wine is good for you is because of its fermentation process. It cleans your body of a lot of toxins. I have heard several OBs say 4 oz a night is good for you. I dont know if beer is the same way or not.
CortneyGirl
I know O'Douls is non-alcoholic beer... I've always wanted to try it because I've been craving the taste of beer with this pregnancy.... I didn't want to look like a nut asking my doctor though! lol
chelseehahn
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM
It's nasty. So I just take sips of my husband's beer, because we have higher standards.
Quoting CortneyGirl:

I know O'Douls is non-alcoholic beer... I've always wanted to try it because I've been craving the taste of beer with this pregnancy.... I didn't want to look like a nut asking my doctor though! lol
AlwaysAmi
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Quoting CortneyGirl:

Lol...yeah I hear you!  When I was pregnant with my first I didnt care at all.  But I think it is because I have one already that I could use a drink sometimes!  I got a virgin margarita a couple weeks ago too lol.  Would never have more than a sip of alcohol pregnant, but I think I might ask about the non alcoholic stuff.
CortneyGirl
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Oh, it doesn't taste at all like real beer? I'm a Miller Lite girl -- and my uncle is going to have a tall boy waiting for me when I pop this baby! :)
reelo
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM
When I was pregnant with my middle son I was having high blood pressure issues and my doc said I could have about half a glass of wine at night to help relax and lower my blood pressure.
CortneyGirl
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM

If you find out about O'Douls let me know.... I might want to at least try it... I don't know of any other non-alcoholic beer....

jer5341
by on Mar. 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM
I'll let you know, I'm so curious about this that I am going to ask my doctor.  I went to a restaurant over the weekend and they had a Coors non-alcoholic beer, believe me when I say I HATE Coors (yuck), but I tried it and it is so much better than the alcoholic Coors, I actually liked it!  I'm not sure if it tasted so good because it's been so long since I've drank a beer or because it really was good, but either way it was better than how I remember Coors!  LOL
Quoting CortneyGirl:

If you find out about O'Douls let me know.... I might want to at least try it... I don't know of any other non-alcoholic beer....

Admin of THE REAL ESTATE MARKET Agents, Investors, Buyers, Sellers, Loan Officers, Web designers, any one else effected by the Real Estate Market, anyone who has questions; come join us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN