Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby sleeping with eyes half open?? creepy..

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
my son is 3 months old now..and he all of a sudden started sleeping with his eyes half open! it's SO creepy. it almost makes him look sickly. anyones babies ever do this?? or is it something i should show concern towards. just wondering!

xo-Amanda

I didn't know what love really was..
..until someone called me Momma <3

*Mom to Kaeden William - 01/01/08
*Wife to Eric Alan - 09/15/07

I love my life as a mom and a wife <3

by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEKA21
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM
LOL I KNOW HOW U FEEL MY SON IS 6 AND HE STILL DOES THIS DONT WORRY ITS NOTHING BIG
Steph0079
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM

My LO does it too, it's nothing to be concerned about.  If it bothers you, place your hand lightly over his eyes and shut them for him.

If you are like me and need to earn extra cash, check out this website.   You sign up, don't pay a thing, do a couple of surveys or refer your friends and you get a check.  I made $330.40 in March! Check out the website and if you need any help message me and I will explain how to do the offers for free so you can get money without spending money! You aren't going to get rich, but every penny helps!  http://www.cashcrate.com/383789

Stephanie :)

jenniter97
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I agree it's kinda creepy, especially if you can only see the whites of the eyes.  I think it's ok My DS did it too and still does I don't think it's anything to worry about, just more of a creep out factor for moms

opalesque08
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM
My brother and sister did that when they were little. Gave me chills. *shivers*
jinjin10
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 8:09 PM
My son has been doing this since he was a week old he was born Feb. 25. My grandparents call it "hiving" and catnip tea is suppose to make it go away. His eyes also move around when he is sleepy and the doctor said the same thing and it's not anything to worry about but if I wanted to give him the catnip tea I could.
Tryn4number2n07
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 9:23 PM
My son is 2, and he still sleeps with one eye half open. It used to scare to bejeebies out of me!

preview image

baby development pregnancy calendar

Pregnant with #2? Come join in! http://www.cafemom.com/group/lovintwobabies
In Loving Memory of The Griffin Family's Angels 12/30/07

angelmom080
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM
thats nothing to be worried about...my son is 6 wks old & he does that all the time...he even looks cross eyed sometimes...the pedi told me thats normal because the nerves in the eyes are still maturing and thats just something they do...hope that helps.
jessi_peeps0307
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM
My 1 yr old dd sleeps with her eyes wide open sometimes!  The first time I walked in her room to ck on her and she was "asleep" lol.  I thought she was dead!  I shook her and startled her and she got mad, but my heart went up in my throat when I saw her laying there so still staring at the ceiling!  So now I just ignore it, but it still freaks me  out a little bit! 
sashy37
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 9:34 PM
You should take a pic of him doing it and post it... I have never heard of anything like that before..... Sorry it freaks you out though...:(. I would shut his eyes for him just liek one mom said.
PinkChevelle
by on Apr. 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM
LOL! i thought he was dead for a minute too! and that's not something to laugh about..but now that it's done and over with, it kinda is. he scared the hell out of me..i'm glad i'm not the only one haha.
Quoting jessi_peeps0307:

My 1 yr old dd sleeps with her eyes wide open sometimes! The first time I walked in her room to ck on her and she was "asleep" lol. I thought she was dead! I shook her and startled her and she got mad, but my heart went up in my throat when I saw her laying there so still staring at the ceiling! So now I just ignore it, but it still freaks me out a little bit!

xo-Amanda

I didn't know what love really was..
..until someone called me Momma <3

*Mom to Kaeden William - 01/01/08
*Wife to Eric Alan - 09/15/07

I love my life as a mom and a wife <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN