Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implantation bleeding, symptoms and possible pregnancy questions.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 5:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hello everyone I am new to this board and I was hoping you could help me out. In August of last year, I went off the birth control pill for two reasons, to try and get pregnant and because I turned 35. My periods have been every 29 days. Last month, I was two days late. This month, I started spotting on day 25. I thought I was getting my period early until I made a calendar check and realized it was too early. I started spotting and the next day it was gone but started up later that day and continued to do the same for the last 5 days( starting and stopping) not really much either, just enough for me to know it was there. I have also been dizzy, very tired and kind of nauseated. I just don't feel like myself. The first night that I started spotting, I could not get comfortable when I went to bed and kept waking up. I am wondering if I am having inplantation bleeding and if I could be pregnant.  My questions are did I have implantion bleeding, how long can you have implantation bleeding and could I be pregnant? I have bought a clearblue easy pregnancy test and plan to use it soon. Today would be day 29 for me so also when do you think I should test? I don't want to be disappointed by seeing a - sign. I feel like I am pregnant but just affraid to test. When I was pregnant with my son 2 years ago I did not have any symptoms of being pregnant. Thank you so much for reading my message and I look forward to your responses.
Laurie
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MalachisMommy06
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 5:35 PM
Ok i am not a dr so i cant say ... YOUR PREGNANT ... but when i found out i was pregnant with my son i had done that for like and i thought  i was just haven a light period .... it happen everytime my period was supposed to come for the first 2 months then whenmy period was supposed to come again for the next month (3) it didnt come AT ALL so i took the test the day i was supposed to start and instantly + then i waited like 5 minutes and took abother one instantly + but i was 3 months pregnant and didnt know it i found that out when i got my first ultasound ... I dont know much about the "clear blue easy" test i always have used first response because they are supposed to show up the soonest.. I am now pregnant again 3 months and 3wks and it showed up when i was like 3 wks pregnant  .. but BEST time to take a test is right after you get up first morning pee ... and since you would actually be "supposed" to start today since today is day 29 ... i would go ahead and take it tomorrow morning ... and if there is a - that doesnt mean your not pregnant .. it just may be to soon... But GOODLUCK hun!

-Tiffiany-
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:03 PM
It sounds like there are two possibilities of what could be going on... first is, yes you could be pregnant. If you are on day 29, I agree it is a good time to test... like the previous post said do it first thing in the morning and try not to drink alot of water the night before so you get the most accurate results that you can. Second is that going off the pill can do this kind of stuff. I can even make you have "morning sickness"... it messes with your cycle, and just getting of those hormones can put your body through alot. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
Egwene1
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I had similar issues when I went off of the pill but then again I also had them when I got pregnant so its possible sorry I'm not much help

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:22 PM

It really is hard to say. That bleeding could really be anything. You should be safe to test now. If it is negative, test again every few days. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)