Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Expecting now with a Toddler at home??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
So, I was going to start a group about this, then I found one but I think it went nowhere.
I am due in October, my daughter will be 21 months old when the new baby comes home.
This sort of age difference has it's own worries, fears, excitements etc...  as any age difference does.
Who else is in this situation?  Should we sprout off to our own room, in addition to staying here on this most-excellent-ly moderated board??!!  :)
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicoler
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:39 PM
I'm due in September and my son will be just shy of 17 months.  If you start a new group, let me know.
MeandSqueaks
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:42 PM
Also - any Moms out there with kids that are less than 2 years apart??  You can be the wiser women of the group!!  We'll need help!!  LOL!
mbmomof3
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:47 PM
ya, I have 2 and 3 is on his/her way.  they will be @18 mos apart each.  It can be a little crazy around here but sooo much fun!!!
Jeepgirl02
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:06 AM
Yep, in that boat too. My oldest was six when my second was born, so I knew she understood that I was having a baby and she could talk to me about it. Now I am due in Oct and my second will be 2 in Aug. The oldest is excited, but a little jelouse of a new baby coming and my second has no way of knowing or getting prepaired. I am so nervise. How is my toddler going to act? Will she understand about the baby? It's so frusturating not knowing....
rotc72002
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:13 AM
im due in june & my daughter & this one will be 15 months apart.
bccrt5
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 7:45 AM
I am due in october also, with my second, and my daughter will be 22 months old when this one is born.  i am excited and a little nervous about it, but i figure it will all work out all right.
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:50 AM
SmileEmbarassed  Thanks for the complement about the excellent moderation here! lol!!  I think it is a great idea for you guys that are having kids so close together to start a group to support each other!  My two are 3 years apart, so a bit more of a distance there.  My mom had my brother and I 15 months apart, and my mother in law had her middle three sons (she had 8 total!) within three years... now if only I could get them on here to help you guys!
shorty00207450
by Member on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:07 AM
my duaghter is 3 and i am pregnant and she will be almost 4 they are quite an age diff but i still worry how my daughter is going to behave cause it has always been just me and her.  soo if you guys dont mind i would like to join your group she is already getting jeolous of the new baby and he/she isnt here yet.
sweetmoonflower
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:19 AM
I am pregnant with a 22 month old at home. I'm due in october too.  I am afraid that my daughter will be jealous. I have no clue how to prepare her for a new baby. 
sarahlatriste18
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:56 AM
That would be great if u started a new group.... let me know if u do please. I also am pregnant and have a toddler and am very nervous about how am going  to make it so my 2 1/2 year old wont be jealous of the new baby who could be here ANYDAY now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN