Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Expecting now with a Toddler at home??

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I was going to start a group about this, then I found one but I think it went nowhere.
I am due in October, my daughter will be 21 months old when the new baby comes home.
This sort of age difference has it's own worries, fears, excitements etc...  as any age difference does.
Who else is in this situation?  Should we sprout off to our own room, in addition to staying here on this most-excellent-ly moderated board??!!  :)
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
liltymesmom
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 3:32 PM
My son will be 3 in July and I am due in October with #2. I noticed a bunch of Oct. mommies on this post. What a popular month!
trinabean
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 4:23 PM
I'm pregnant with number 2 and this one is due 2 weeks before our son turns 2.  It should be interesting, but we are trying to do what we can to prepare him , and ourselves, for it all
WeezySueWong
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 5:12 PM

I am only on my first baby (due in September) but when my sister was pregnant with her second (after saying she wasn't going to have anymore after her first lol) my niece was only 5/6 years old and didn't really understand much even at that age and was EXTREMELY jealous!  She wanted to take the new baby to the pound, she did not like her baby sister at all... but after she started walking and talking and trying to play with my niece, my niece started liking her and now 3 1/2 years later my niece loves her baby sister to death, very protective of her, helps her mom with her, plays with her, buys toys for her with her allowance money and sometimes when she wins toys from the arcade claw machine takes them home and gives them to her baby sister, it's so sweet :)

jleighbum
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey, let me know if u start a new group, my oldest is 2, my baby is 15 mths, and i'm due in august with # 3.  My 1st 2 are 16 mths apart, my 2nd child and this one will be about 21 mths apart.  I remember one thing when I brought #2 home.  His brother threw his sippy cup at him.  After that though, things went smoothly.  Just hope it will this time, too.
shawna02
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 5:42 PM
OMG i am in the same situation. I am due on May 16th and my daughter will be 20 months when i have my son. I haven't heard of that group you are talking about but yea i think you should start your own that would be kool i mean i would join
MeandSqueaks
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 12:31 PM
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2134/
Ok - I set up a new group for us!
littlemeg03
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I have a 4 year old and a 13 month old. There will be 18 months between this baby and the 13 month old.

DarksMama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My DD will be 26 months when this one comes along. Oy. LOL

munkiebaby
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

My toddler will be 19 1/2 months when this baby comes in 23 days. And i have anther that will be 5 in January.

summerbear
by Rachel on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Dd2 was 17 months old when ds was born. Ds will be a month away from turning 2 when this one is born!

I love the close ages!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN