Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did you show????

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:11 AM
  • 25 Replies
I have a slight problem. I am six weeks pregnant with my third child and I feel like I'm to soon to be showing. My oldest is seven and youngest is almost 19 months. I lost what weight I did gain with my last pregnancy but kept a little bit of tummy fat. Now I am pregnant again, but feel like I am way to early to be showing. I was in materinty clothes with my oldest at seven and half months and the second at four months. Please tell me, when did you start wearing maternity clothes? Is this normal???Undecided
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jewelya23
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM

i started wearing maternity clothes around 12 weeks...with my first child!  I have read that you will start showing sooner with you other children.

rotc72002
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 4:12 AM
1st-6 months
2nd-3 months
briannegibson
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:20 AM
8 weeks I had to wear maternity clothes but I was also pregnant with twins.
shorty00207450
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:32 AM
i am only about 2 months and i am already getting a little pudge. in my tummy. with my first kid the first 3 months  i actually lost weight  and now i have gained like10 pounds. i didnt start showing till i was 5 months with my first and then i blew up. lol but with this one i seem to just keep gaining weight.
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 9:46 AM
Yep it is normal esspcially the more kids you have... my first I showed at 6 months, and my second was 6 weeks and I was starting to not fit into my clothing.
mbmomof3
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 11:45 AM
My friend is on her first and she started to feel her clothes getting tight at around 8 weeks. She is 4 mos and showing so don't feel bad, everyone is different. (She is adorable by the way!) My first didn't show until 6 mos, I was still wearing my normal clothes. Then overnight I looked as big as a house!! My second I lost weight because I had food poisoning and terrible morning sickness. I didn't show with her until 6-7 months. I was in a wedding at 4 1/2 mos and wore the dress i ordered 8 months earlier. I wore my normal jeans thru the whole pregnancy (I carry high so they still fit!) I did wear maternity shirts though. This time, my 3rd, I am 4 1/2 mos and I am showing a little. I can still wear my jeans but I have to wear maternity tops already. I have gained a little weight this time so I am glad about that! So, every one and every time it is different! I just think that other pregnant moms always look SOOO adorable. (There was maybe ONCE that I thought that about myself, if that even!) I always think they look like they are glowing and are beautiful pregnant! They don't think so, but they are!

***UPDATE*** today I woke up and I felt huge!  I also felt baby move...It was literally 3 days ago that I posted I was showing 'a little' and now I am more than a little!!  It just popped out!!  I have never had this happen before! 
jenifuz
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 2:31 PM
I started showing with this one (#3) at about 6-8 weeks.  I'm now in week 15 and nothing normal fits but the maternity pants are a little too big but oh well!  Atleast they are comfortable!
Jenifer
liltymesmom
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Reading this makes me feel a little better. I'm 9 weeks w/ #2 and am down to a few pants that still fit but am already starting to show in the belly area. I'm running out of shirts though! I did have a miscarriage back in Oct. when I was 8 weeks and had put on a few pounds that I never took back off. With my first, I was just about 5 mo. before I started wearing maternity clothes.  
Fawn80
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 3:26 PM
I was wearing maternity clothes at I believe 10-12 weeks! Yes, only 1 baby in there. Now, everyone says how HUGE I am, they can't believe it. I must be having twins, or the dr has the date wrong. Nope. Just my third kid in 9 years.
seximama17
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 3:29 PM
I started showing around 11 weeks with my first baby i am now 17 weeks 4 days im 17 years old and i wuz a normal sized girl!! i think imma be huge ur not the only one worried!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)