Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rib and Muscle Pain

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
I am 16 1/2 wks along. Did anyone else start feeling massive rib pain at this point? Is it because my stomach is starting to get a bit bigger or should I call my doctor to check for cartilage dammage? It feels like someone knuckle punched me in my ribs and lower sternum and my muscles above my stomach are screaming when I move.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommamiller0809
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:58 AM
if it's on your right side, right under your ribs, it could be your gallbladder.  I got stones while I was pregnant and waited until my daughter was 10 months old to get it removed (which just happens to be this past monday).  Try cutting back on fatty foods, chocolate, and carbonated drinks and see if it helps.  If it hurts really bad, see your doc, they'll probably give you and ultrasound to check for stones.  Oh, it could also be a round ligament sprain.  You'll have to google the round ligament to see exactly where it is, but that's pretty common around that time when women start expanding and start putting stress on the muscles and ligaments.  Good luck :)
MascaraMomma
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:13 AM
No it's focused in the center of my abdomen between my ribs and below my sternum, it almost feels bruised but I haven't run into anything, no one's run into me. Almost like I've pulled my upper abdominal muscles. I do have the round ligament pain in my hips and more so my groin (I know, too much info but yea). That I've dismissed the round ligament pains. I'll still keep that in mind, maybe its a different ligament.
mommamiller0809
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 6:31 PM
i felt alot of gallbladder pain in the middle too.  do you feel it most often after eating?
MascaraMomma
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM
No it's all the time, like if someone touches my upper stomach or hugs me. Sometimes it hurts to bend over but the pain is in my ribs
katymama1005
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:09 PM
Your rib cage will start expanding as soon as your belly starts expanding. The cartilidge in your body loosens up while you are preg to accomodate the baby, so it may just be pain from expansion, but I would mention it at my next doc appt if I were you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)