Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

packing

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
ok so i am 32 weeks and i am going to go ahead and pack my bag jus in case. so. wut should i pack??? im a first timer. any advice would be GREAT!! thank you!
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2Young_with2
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Bathrobe
Loose, comfortable outfits
Nursing bras
Nursing pads
Slippers
Thick socks
Underwear
Sanitary Napkins
Soap,Lotion Shampoo etc
Camera
Chapstick
Ponytail holders, headbands (any type of hair holder)
 THIS SHOULD DO IT I TOOK ALL THIS STUFF!!!!!!!
Jo-Anna
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:13 PM
I think everyone will pretty much cover the important stuff, but since I'm a photography freak I just thought I'd elaborate on the camera stuff.
Don't forget extra batteries, charger, and memory card.  May seem ridiculous but in my case these are high priority!  lol

In my case, I completely overpacked.  They probably thought I was planning to stay a week!  Things I brought that I DID NOT use were nursing bras and pads (b/c I wore the hospital's nursing gown and did not yet leak while I was there), pajamas and stuff, b/c it can get kinda messy and I prefered messing up their stuff than mine (does that sound bad?  lol), and I did bring a couple of my own pillows which was really nice.  During labor the extra pillows helped me get comfortable and while learning to nurse they were quite helpful.  I know you can just request extra pillows but it was nice having al ittle something from home.
riotgrrl
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:18 PM
Bring your own toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) the stuff they have at the hospitals is usually pretty industrial quality.

I did not bring my own clothes as there is a lot of bleeding afterwards and I didn't want to ruin my own stuff. They'll give you heavy duty pads too. Most hospitals have disposable undies, I did not find that they fit me at all, so bring several pairs of older undies that you are prepared to dispose of afterwards. Make sure that your going home outfit would fit you at 5-6 months pregnant. I didn't realize with my first that it takes a while for your uterus to get back to it's usual size and that for the first couple weeks postpartum I would still look about 5-6 months pregnant. I had to send my mom to my apartment to get some maternity clothes to come home in and I cried. Bring a couple small onsies for baby to wear at the hospital under their gowns because those aren't always the softest material.

Bring a book or some knitting or something to keep you occupied. Newborns spend a lot of time sleeping and it can be kind of boring just sitting around.

If you will be breastfeeding, bring lanolin and apply it after every feeding so you don't get chapped nipples.

mommy_tanya
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:36 PM
With my first, I always went to a website called www.verybestbaby.com, and it helped me out a lot concerning week-by-week development of the baby and myself, and it also has cool charts.  It has a checklist of the many things you can and/or should bring to the hospital at http://www.verybestbaby.com/CoolTools/PackingHospital.aspx
Go there and it should be able to help you with everything you might need at the hospital, I know it did help me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)