Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby shower for #2??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends all feel that its only called for to throw a baby shower for the frist child. I say, youre creating life damn it, throw a party for them all!!! How do you all feel about having baby showers or parties for subsequent babies?
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-24):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I think its great to have a small gathering for people to meet your baby after its born for 2nd and more babies.  (unless there is a large age gap and all your baby stuff is gone.)  It should be at your expense and your effort.  Dont expect gifts but people will probably bring something anyway.  I dont think you should ever expect people to pay for and plan a party for you.  Even baby #1.  Its a nice thing to do and should be appreciated- never demanded. 

sep18mom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

if you have a girl the first time then i would have a shower if it was a boy.... if baby #2 is a girl then i would just have a diaper party or something like that

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I had one this pregnancy about two weeks ago and it is my 2nd child. It's dh's first child and my dd is 9 1/2 yo so I definitely didn't have anything from her left over. I donated and gave away everything because I had years of secondary infertility.

I think it's great to have baby showers no matter if it's your first or nineth. Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated as so. Ive been to many showers where the mother only asked for diapers, wipes, and blankets or litle what-nots because they still had everything. Even that is great because the first few weeks those diapers are expensive and are very appreciated.

I just don't want one for my third because I hate being center of attn, so even though the party is for the upcoming birth, all eyes are still on me lol

mommy9518
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I just had my shower for mt second yesterday. It was wonderful but there is a 7 yr differance and this is dhs 1st.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN