Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby shower for #2??

Posted by   + Show Post
My friends all feel that its only called for to throw a baby shower for the frist child. I say, youre creating life damn it, throw a party for them all!!! How do you all feel about having baby showers or parties for subsequent babies?
by on Mar. 6, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-24):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I think its great to have a small gathering for people to meet your baby after its born for 2nd and more babies.  (unless there is a large age gap and all your baby stuff is gone.)  It should be at your expense and your effort.  Dont expect gifts but people will probably bring something anyway.  I dont think you should ever expect people to pay for and plan a party for you.  Even baby #1.  Its a nice thing to do and should be appreciated- never demanded. 

sep18mom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

if you have a girl the first time then i would have a shower if it was a boy.... if baby #2 is a girl then i would just have a diaper party or something like that

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I had one this pregnancy about two weeks ago and it is my 2nd child. It's dh's first child and my dd is 9 1/2 yo so I definitely didn't have anything from her left over. I donated and gave away everything because I had years of secondary infertility.

I think it's great to have baby showers no matter if it's your first or nineth. Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated as so. Ive been to many showers where the mother only asked for diapers, wipes, and blankets or litle what-nots because they still had everything. Even that is great because the first few weeks those diapers are expensive and are very appreciated.

I just don't want one for my third because I hate being center of attn, so even though the party is for the upcoming birth, all eyes are still on me lol

mommy9518
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I just had my shower for mt second yesterday. It was wonderful but there is a 7 yr differance and this is dhs 1st.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)