Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Placental abruption

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 11:40 AM
  • 4 Replies
Does anyone know or have experience with this? I have a pinched nerve in my back right now. Since my last dr appt, I have also started to have abdominal pains, just on my right side. It runs from the bottom of my breast (top of my abdomen) to about midway down my abdomen. It's now a constant, sharp pain. Baby is fine, everything else seems normal - no bleeding, no abnormal discharge. Baby has slowed down on movements thru the day, but I know the farther along I get the less frequently he will move for lack of room.
It hurts to cough, move positions, anything but slow movements hurts. My granny thinks its my muscles streching and maybe seperating??  I do sometimes feel like I may literally explode. Everyone thinks I'm SO big! I go back to see dr next week, but I'm in pain. By the time I get home from work it's all I can do to make supper and do dishes. Hubby has to do anything else and make sure the kids get bathed, lunches made, etc. (I love him so much!)
Anyway, I read about placental abruption and I have all the signs except bleeding. Anyone know about this?
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lilcakes
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM

i have had placenta abruption 4 times and i have experienced the bleeding and was told it usually starts with the bleeding before anything if u had a us and baby was fine they would of caught it u cant miss it on a us, good luck hun wish u the best

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM
I hope all is ok!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Could it be round ligament pain? That can be really painful and feel like tearing across your abdomen. Gl! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM

You could also have a pulled muscle. I know a friend of mine had one and he went in thinking maybe it was his appendix but it was a pulled muscle. I've gone in for really sharp pains in my chest and found out it was a pulled muscle. :-P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)