Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stripped Membranes

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
had my membranes stripped today and she said she did it better than usual because she wants to help me have this baby as soon as possible. I have been cramping and spotting ever since. She told me to expect some spotting so I know that is normal. Have you had your membranes stripped and how long did it take you to go into full labor? She said that I am 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced. She said to walk and have sex, which of course makes the husband happy. LOL!!! She also said to use Evening Primrose Gelcaps. Is there anything else that you were told to do that would help after having your membranes stripped. I am willing to try anything. I am really uncomfortable and need this baby to come this week or all of my family and my husbands family will be gone. Thanks for the help.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
crystaldawn2007
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:19 PM
I had this done with my last at 2cm dialated and 30% effaced... and it was 2days after having membranes stripped that water finally broke.

GOOD LUCK!!!! HOPE IT HAPPENS SOON FOR YOU, I KNOW HOW HORRIBLE IT IS WAITING! :)
telecomgirl
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Just follow her orders for walking, sex, evening primrose gelcaps...I've heard nipple stimulation works too. Walk as much as your joints will allow :)

My membranes were stripped, and nothing happened! I wound up having my son 2 weeks late - but then again I wasn't 2cm dilated at the time.

Hope the baby comes soon!! :)
gacgbaker
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM
I had mine done with my second, and three weeks later still nothing, and finally the doc broke my water, three hours later I was holding my baby girl.  All those things can help, but there isn't any garuntee that they will work.  Either way it won't be long now, just hang in there and follow doctors orders!  Good luck!

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

ajwilson
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 10:23 AM
with my first pregnancy I had my membranes stripped and I started losing my mucasplug and I went into labor 4days after she stripped my membranes so it should be soon goodluck
ashley
rousekelly23
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 7:49 PM
had my membranes stripped at 2pm on monday-- contractions started at 3pm. had daughter at 440pm on tuesday!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)