Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Due Date...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok, so according to my first ultrasound when I found out I was preggers, I am 12 weeks and 1 day today and due on Jan. 1... well, I got another ultrasound today, and they said that I'm measuring at about 12 weeks and 5 days, due Dec. 28. Which due date should I go by?

P.S. Drinking 32 oz. of water and holding in your pee before the ultrasound sucks!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShelbiG
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:27 PM

I kind of had the same thing happen... I think the doctor is gonna look at both for a while and if I go late... he's going to go with the later one.  I measured later with the first sono and about a week sooner with the second.

Sarahem
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:40 PM
I would go by the second.  They measure the size of the baby and go by that.  This early in your pregnancy the measurements won't be far off, because it hasn't had much time to grow, and it doesn't have much fat.   It wouldn't be much larger than average yet if it is a big baby, so it is safe to go by the dates they gave you. 
For instance in my first pregnancy they changed my due date by two days around 12 weeks.  It went from the 3rd to the 1st.  When I was 20 weeks pregnant, they said the baby was measuring at 22 weeks, but my due date was the same, she was just a big baby.  Which she was, she weighed 9lbs 7oz, and came 1 day before her due date.
Ashley1387
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:41 PM
i would ask your doctor... and they say a rule of thumb is you could be either 2 weeks early or two weeks later than your due date....
Sarahem
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:45 PM
A funny story about drinking all that water...
My best friend has trouble eating or drinking anything early in the morning.  Her ultrasounds were always very early, so she had trouble drinking all that water.  She would throw up because she was trying to force it all down.  Since she was preg, and you know how bladder control can get, she would pee her pants everytime she throw up!
Okay, so it wasn't funny at the time....
This also happened to me when I had the flu and would try to run to the bathroom to vomit.  Like I said, it wasn't funny at the time, but it is now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)