Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hospital Visitors?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
Just wondering what everyone thinks about having visitors in the hospital after baby is born?   We will likely be having a c-section this time around so we will be there for about 4 days.   Is it strange if no one visits or rude if they do visit?  Most of our family lives really close by.
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmum
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 7:34 PM
i can only speak for myself but i had alot of family near by and they visited me for the 5 days i was in the hospital and it was great! i loved having the company as well as my baby getting to know the family early on. besides you can always ask them to bring you lunch etc... cause hospital food is aweful! the company made the day go by quicker for me. i didnt notice i was in as long as i was with everyone visiting all the time.
AndreLillysmama
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 7:39 PM
i understand where your coming from....almost all my family lives close by and its nice to have them come and visit for a bit but i dont want them lingering around all day. HAHA i know i kinda feel rude saying it to but its your time with your baby and your husband or boyfriend.  No one really out stayed their welcome with my son so hopefully it wont happen this time either. But i know with my sister in law they were there ALL day. crossing my fingers!!
MalachisMommy06
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 7:44 PM
If you dont feel like anyone coming just let them know your not up for it ... as for me ... I HAD TONS of family come after i had my son but i had him vaginally ... no csection ... so its just whatever you feel comfortablt with ... it is not rude to say you dont want anyone there ... im sure they will understand.
texmexmom
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 8:36 PM
you can always tell them you need your sleeep, or tell them you'd like to breastfeed in private or if that doesn't work pretend to nod off!! lol that works almost everytime!! lol
the breastfeeding thing ususally makes people wanna leave still for some reason???? lol especailly the guys!! lol

deederd
by on Mar. 8, 2007 at 8:47 PM
I'm kinda in the same boat.  I'm due with #2 in May and I am kinda dreading having a million people there the whole time.  With my first (a c-section) I only got about a 1/2 day to rest.  The rest of the time it was non-stop visitors.  I love that they all love and care for us, but it is a little exhausting.  I just want a low key stay next time.  I'm trying to find a way to tell people to come by the house after we get home.  Good luck!
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I LOVE having visitors after having the baby. I have a hard time sleeping when in the hospital, so I enjoy having people to talk to :)
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM
We will have plenty of visitors after the baby is born. :) My only thing is nobody at the hospital until he is here... I hate the thought of people waiting for me to push a baby out. Thankfully, all our family and close friends know not to overstay their welcome. They won't hang out all day and night, and will give us our time alone. Even my mom will probably only come for a couple hours each day.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM
My 4 year old twin boys, my dad, SO's brother, SO's niece and SO's mom were all there, at the hospital, the day she was born (SO and his mom were in the room for the birth).

The next day, SO's mom came back, his sister, her husband and one of their kids, his aunt and uncle came by as well.
My family lives too far from the hospital, so they all just came by the house.

I didn't mind the visitors because they didn't stay long.
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I asked that only our immediate family and my best friend come to the hospital. Every once else stopped by after we were home and settled. This time I will request the same.
MrsSexyCurtains
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM
All my family is 1000+ miles away so I've got about 5-8 good friends here where we're stationed. I love having people visit me in the hospital, I get to chat with them and they get to hold baby :).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN