Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far...?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM
  • 21 Replies
I thought I had an ultrasound at the end of this month and I thought I'd be able to know if my baby was a boy or girl at that ultrasound, I would've been almost 18 weeks on the day of that ultrasound but today I got a call from my OB saying my ultrasound is in 3 days. I will only be 15 1/2 weeks along in 3 days... Do you think I will be able to know if my baby is a boy or a girl at 15 1/2 weeks?

Also... how far along were you when you found out the sex of your baby?
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deederd
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Yeah, I think it's too early to tell.  They might be able to, but usually it's around 20 weeks or so.  Good Luck.
MalachisMommy06
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 1:46 PM
To Tell you what it is they usually want you to be about 18-20wks .... some people if its a good unltrasound tech they can tell be about 15 wks ... but they have to be a GOOD one! ... my friend found out what hers was at 13wks and 3 days .. but it was a good tech ... I was 20wks when i found out with my son ... and with this pregnancy i MIGHT have an ultasound on April 5 ill be 18wks and 5days ... or they said they might make me wait 2 wks past that but we'll see .... GOODLUCK HUN!

-Tiffiany-
Becca87
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Quoting MalachisMommy06:

To Tell you what it is they usually want you to be about 18-20wks .... some people if its a good unltrasound tech they can tell be about 15 wks ... but they have to be a GOOD one! ... my friend found out what hers was at 13wks and 3 days .. but it was a good tech ... I was 20wks when i found out with my son ... and with this pregnancy i MIGHT have an ultasound on April 5 ill be 18wks and 5days ... or they said they might make me wait 2 wks past that but we'll see .... GOODLUCK HUN!

-Tiffiany-

Thanks. I think my OB is a really good tech so far. She's got a lot of experience. I have a feeling I'll be able to know the sex sooner than a lot of people. My baby's really active and he/she has had really easy ultrasounds. When I went in at 13 weeks, I heard the heartbeat. My OB said it was the easiest heartbeat she'd ever found. I've been told you usually can't hear the heartbeat until about 16 weeks and that's a maybe. Everyone I've seen about my baby, they say he/she is a very healthy VERY active baby. Last ultrasound I went to, he/she did a summersault! Also, when I heard the heartbeat, the baby kicked the doppler as if he/she was saying "DON'T TOUCH ME WITH THAT!!!". lol.
MammaCat
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 2:14 PM
I was 5 months along when I found out... then again, I was 5 months before I even knew I was pregnant!!!
Fawn80
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 2:19 PM
It usually is 20. I had mine done at 21 (was that only 8 weeks ago? wow.) and they could DEFINATELY tell it was a boy!.
Some advice - drink ALOT of water. As much as you can to be comfortable for 1/2 hour without peeing your pants!!  Apparently I didn't drink enough, but baby was big enough for them to get all the readings they needed. They need your bladder completely full so the uterus in easy to get around in.

I know at one point after the tech told us it was a boy, he had a pic up on the monitor of baby's "legs." Another tech walked in and said "WHOA!" He looked at her and said "I already told them their having a boy." She said "Good cause that's all I saw when I walked in!" I loved it!!  So now when people ask if I'm really sure if it's a boy (cause you know they get those kinda things wrong) I can tell them Yes, I'm really sure!!Laughing
Becca87
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 2:24 PM
I always a lot of drink water. In fact, that's usually all I drink. Whenever I have an ultrasound, I drink a cup of water about an hour before and by the time of the ultrasound, I have to pee so bad it hurts my hips. It doesn't take much for me to fill my bladder but I always over do it just to make sure I'm not under doing it. lol. I have a small feeling we'll be able to tell but if not, it's okay, I can get another one in a couple weeks. I'm just so excited to find out because the day we findo out, we're going on a huge shopping spree for the baby.
Becca87
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Anybody else? Sorry I'm just trying to get as many opinions/experiences as possible.
Jeepgirl02
by on Mar. 9, 2007 at 11:22 PM
I was twenty weeks with my first and twenty five weeks with my second. I heard you can't really tell until twenty plus weeks. I also heard that boys delvelop inside the body which can be mistaken for a girl b/c they say "it's a girl" before they "drop". But I have never had a boy, so I am not sure. Good luck.
Heather_ky
by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 12:11 PM
I think I was about 16 weeks along with my first when I found out the gender. Of course my baby had his legs spread and was showing the world all of his privates lol. Maybe it depends on how the baby is laying? I don't know, I'm no expert.
RJandLinasMommy
by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 12:15 PM
I was 15 weeks when i found out the sex of one of my babies. They were able to tell me i was having 1 boy. They couldn't see the sex of my now little girl because she had the umbilical cord wrapped between her legs and her legs wrapped around it she wasn't showing anything so we had to wait 4 more weeks until we went back to find out what she was. If you have a nice ultrasound tech they should be able to tell you but they might say no gaurentee. Good luck! Let us know!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured