Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mother in law has a question.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 9:23 AM
  • 2 Replies
hi everyone. i just wanted to also let you know that nothing is wrong with my belly. my last post, i posted , last week, that my belly was a little small for 35 weeks along.Everything is normal and great!! But my mother in law has a question. I have know idea what shes talking bout since this is my first pregnancy. But since i am 35 weeks along and also the babys head is down now, she said there is a certain point of time where my belly will "drop". And thats when it will get closer to the time to give birth. And also when i "drop", sitting down will be hard because it will feel like the baby's head is right in between the crotch. Do you have any ideas when the baby's head will 'drop.' thanks! and today is my baby shower!!!!!!
by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Heather_ky
by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 12:18 PM
http://www.babycenter.com/expert/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/1460217.html

To  the best of my memory (which isn't useful these days) my first baby "dropped" a couple of weeks before I went into labor. It didn't make sitting uncomfortable. It just made everything more of a challenge (cross your legs before you COUGH or SNEEZE!) lol. I had a few pelvic pains but nothing major.
Abbimom2004
by on Mar. 10, 2007 at 1:53 PM
when my daughter dropped the first time, we went into early labor within days. when she dropped the second time, it took about two weeks then out she came! it did make sitting on too soft of a surface uncomfortable (i would appal my inlaws by sitting on the hardwood floors instead of my sil's couch when we went visiting simply cause it was easier to get up from lol.  the best thing about the dropping i remember was the knowing it was almost over and i was going to finally get to see her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured