Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breathing problems......

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 9:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 33 weeks pregnant. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I feel like I can't breathe. I'm ok after taking a few of deep breaths. The first breath is the most difficult tho. I'm not really sure if this is normal. I feel like it might be because I'm taking some classes and the teacher said the further along you are the more difficult it is to breath b/c there is pressure on the lungs. I have difficulty sleeping as it is, it just makes it worse worrying that my baby isn't getting enough oxygen if there is in fact something wrong with the way I'm breathing while I sleep. I don't know. I thought I'd ask some other pregos :) We're all going through the same thing.

by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 9:32 PM
Yep that is normal, the baby is getting bigger and putting pressure on more things... make sure that you are not sleeping on your back... sleep on your side, sleeping on your back can make you have more issues with that.
MammaCat
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 9:37 PM
I'm 31 weeks, and having issues. Sometimes even during the day!!! Baby is only 3 pounds, too, and as low as possible in my pelvis already! I figure she's gotta have long legs if she can cause problems already... Oh well. I keep reminding myself that in 2 months I'm gonna miss this!!!
JAFROG
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Quoting gacgbaker:

Yep that is normal, the baby is getting bigger and putting pressure on more things... make sure that you are not sleeping on your back... sleep on your side, sleeping on your back can make you have more issues with that.

This is true! My doctor actually said that sleeping on your LEFT side is best for both you and baby.  Allows more circulation and makes for easier breathing.  :)  Good luck!  That last month or two is really the toughest!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)