Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uh oh...

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 10:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have my 1st dr apointment this friday morning. And Its been a while seince my last pregnancy (3 years...thats a long time for me i have a horrible memory! lol) Im in for the sturrups arent I?Frown
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SusieQAllen
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 10:52 AM
i HATE the stirrups and what comes with it. before i got pregnant i just had a fight with pre cervical cancer cells and now i dont want anything near me down there
mommacat
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Yes you are!!! But I didn't have to do that with this one since I had just had my yearly checkup a couple months earlier so if you just had a normal one you might not have to!!! Good Luck!!
Dakota_Mom21
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 11:12 AM
Crap! lol. well...ive done this several times before...any tips on making it alittle more comfortable? This is an allll new dr to me to. Can you imagin having that job? "Hello, I'll be your dr today...now take off your clothes and let me get face to face with your vagina."  lol i think that would take some motivation to get to work!
Becca87
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Quoting Dakota_Mom21:

Crap! lol. well...ive done this several times before...any tips on making it alittle more comfortable? This is an allll new dr to me to. Can you imagin having that job? "Hello, I'll be your dr today...now take off your clothes and let me get face to face with your vagina." lol i think that would take some motivation to get to work!
HAHA! (not laughing AT you). The first time I ever met with my OB, less than a month ago, I was already naked. Her nurse told me to get naked and she left but then my OB walked in a few minutes later. I'm a person who's very insecure with my body (being over weight and all) so it was very hard and very frustrating, which is why I chose a female OB. I've never heard a doctor swear, especially on the first visit with a patient lol. I guess what made it a little easier for me is I talked with her for a while before she got down there and she's pretty cool.

I've only had a pap once and I absolutely hated it, which is why I avoided having another. This pap hurt though, she poked me with things and pushed on my bone. The worst part was when she pushed my cervix! MAAAAAAAAN THAT HURT. I couldn't see anything but my fiance did, he was in the room and down there with her. That made me a little more comfortable also. He was all uppy and stuff like "I SAW INSIDE YOU!" lol. But yeah... I hope your doc is cool and you're comfortable with him/her.
Mommy2BeNBaby2
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 11:32 AM
I've only had a pap once and I absolutely hated it, which is why I avoided having another. This pap hurt though, she poked me with things and pushed on my bone. The worst part was when she pushed my cervix! MAAAAAAAAN THAT HURT.
Ugh, I know what you mean!  I had my first pelvic exam when I was 14 because I have PCOS so I'm used to frequent OBGYN appts, but I am in such pain everytime I go to get one since I got pregnant!!  The doctors told me they did find cervical dysplasia, so that might have something to do with it, but GOD!  Oh well, it's all worth it.  Besides, there's always the opportunity to go into great detail about all the pain you went through during pregnancy when its time to give your daughter the sex talk later on down th road. LOL!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured