Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 weeks and losing weight

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 8:30 AM
  • 3 Replies
I am 16 weeks and I have lost 11lbs.  And seem to still be losing I just lost 2 more this week.   My RN said that when I come back for my next check-up if I've lost more, I have to start drinking Ensure.  Did this happen to anyone else? 
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Yes I had that because of the morning sickness I had so bad, I really didn't gain any weight until about my 7th or 8th month.  I drank slim fast (for the vitamins in it) and ate meals on top of that.  Do you have pretty bad morning sickness?  Just make sure you follow your doctors orders... the baby has a way of making sure it gets nutrition even if you are not, but you don't want to lose alot of weight while pregnant, of course. 

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

bc6isjustright
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Yeah when I was prego with my daughter I lost a hell of alot of weight but I was also stressed.  I know in your first trimester it's natural to lose some weight.  Let us know what the doc says.

Take care.
odel03
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 11:53 PM
With my first child, I lost 18 lbs before I started gaining any weight.  Part of this was due to my severe morning sickness.  I didn't start gaining until my 7th month.

This pregnancy, I didn't loose any, but I didn't start gaining any until this month (my 7th month again).

My doctor put it in this perspective for me:  Babies will function almost as a parasite.  They will take the nutrients they need from your body, whether you are getting them nutritionally or if they take them from any stores you may have.  As a result, his biggest concern wasn't that the baby was not getting what it needed, it was the deficiencies that I would have at the end of the pregnancy.  As a result, it was a very good idea to try to make sure that I was eating all the nutritional things I needed (4 glasses milk, vegetables, fruits, enough protein, etc) and take a multi-vitamin on top of that.  Eventually, you should gain at least a little weight (Total, with my first I gained back the 18 I lost and gained 2 more, with my second I've gained 3 lbs so far).  But if you don't, make sure that you are getting the nutrients the two of you do, and thank some of the lucky stars up there.  Other women gain an extreme amount of weight and have trouble losing it afterwards.   After I gave birth to my first child, I actually walked out of the hospitals 20 lbs. lighter than what I weighed when I got pregnant.  My friends tease me that being pregnant is a great diet plan for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured