Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breech babies?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 1:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
Well, I just had my ultrasound today and it seems my little one is breech.  They couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl because baby was basically sitting there, facing out.  It was the funniest thing I ever saw-my other two were always laying on their sides or head down.  This one is just sitting there....as if watching the world lol.   It is still early so is there a chance they will let me have another ultrasound to find out if it's a boy or a girl?  it is making me crazy!!
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rotc72002
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 1:21 PM
with my 1st i had 2 ultrasounds both said its a girl now this one i've had 2 & each time they said we dont know. i want to know what im having & also for the baby shower. i also want another utrasound so hopefully i get one.... did u ask ur dr?
mommacat
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 1:28 PM
Unless there is a medical reason to warrant another ultrasound I would say you are going to have a surprise!!! Your doctor may be willing to do one just to find out the sex but most don't. It's a pricey procedure and insurance companies aren't interested in whether you are having a boy or girl. As a momma who doesn't find out trust me it's fun not knowing. You have a feeling what it is and then you get to see if you're right. I haven't had any problems with not knowing with my first 2 and we didn't find out this time either. Just hang in there!!!
MammaCat
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Mine was just being stubborn! She refuses to stay still for ANYTHING they do, whether it's an ultrasound or just trying to find her heartbeat! I don't think she likes being bothered, LOL!

They were about ready to give up on finding out whether it was a boy or girl... I wanted to know if I was right, cause everything in me was saying "it's a girl. my baby's a girl"... At the last pass by that area to find out she decided to "expose" herself. I was sooooo excited!!! I was right!!! :-D

Anyways, sometimes they'll do another to find out the sex, and other times they won't. I've had 2 done. The original (found out the sex that time, too, cause I didn't know I was pregnant until half way into the 2nd trimester!), and one last week because I've been measuring really small. Baby's the size she should be though! YAY!

I hope you get to find out, though! Especially if you really wanna know!
Blondesmv
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 2:59 PM
My baby is breech too!  I was told at first that I'd have another u/s during labor to check position.... of course, now there's something wrong so we'll have one sooner.  Usually you only have another ultrasound when there's complications... I'd rather not know his gender then have something be wrong.  I hope you have another chance!
sprime
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 4:51 PM
You'll have another. My first was breech, my second is too. But that first u/s, they are so small, they do a lot of tumbling still. This will be my second boy.  They'll do atleast one more.
There is a good chance you'll learn the sex.

I had one about 32-34weeks, and he was still breech. the doc reccomended what they call an "external version"  Basically, the admit you to the hospital. Hook you up to the u/s machine and a doc comes in. He poured goop all over my belly, double checked baby was still breech, and basically forced him to turn over. Yeah, it hurt. a lot. but it only lasted about 30 seconds. A lot less to go through than a potential c section. Doc checked again to be sure he was no longer breech. nope. Then I had to stay an hour to be sure it didn't put me into labor. I was 36 weeks, I think. They told me know headstands and to take it easy the rest of the day. There was a slim chance that baby could turn back, but being so big, it was quite unlikely.

The version can take longer, luckily, my boy was and is easygoing.

good luck. and don't be afraid if baby is still breech in a couple of months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)