Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

question.....please answer....

Posted by   + Show Post
ok so i just bought some castor oil and it  is a 2 fl oz bottle  how much should i take so that i can possibly start labor soon??? and any advice on this matter would be appriciated...this is my first pregnancy and i am cluless....also i am 38 wks on tues...thanks
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 9:54 PM
Replies (11-15):
LilMomma83
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 2:41 AM
any update??

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

angel6in07
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 8:22 AM

• Castor oil: Castor oil is a strong laxative, and stimulating your bowels may cause some contractions, but no good studies have proven it consistently effective, and you're likely to find the effect on your gut very unpleasant

lizzygurl_81
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 10:04 AM
                       well it didnt work but accualy i am always shitin lol so really didn make me as sick as i thought.......and girls i took the whole bottle.......yup.this is gonna be funnie at my docs apt. today....and i had a couple contractions but they stoped........now dont get me wrong i am sick to a extent but not like i thought.....but i took it at 10pm last night and still shitin lmao i guess some ppl learn the hard way.....(me)  i am as stuborn as they get ....ask my mama lol
mmabigshowmom
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 11:05 AM
i never took that before and I probablly wont for this one either but i saw on discovery channel birth day the doctor told a girl not to take it at night or before bed.
JustPeachy24
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 11:27 AM
I took it with my last pregnancy and nothing happened, except for the fact that my stomach started hurting really bad.
My mother in law took it and said that it worked instantly. I guess it just depends on if the baby is ready???
Anyway, I wanted to make another suggestion. Walking. Start walking around the mall, or the park, and don't stop until you feel like you can't go anymore. Then take a break and walk some more. The nurse at my doctor's office told me to do this when I was pregnant with my daughter, and it worked. My cervix went from 1 cm dilated to 5 in no time, and they admitted me and induced labor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)