Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Any Advice

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
I have been so stressed lately I have started smoking. I not only smoke but most of the time it is chain smoking. I have slowed down ALOT lately but I am soo scared that I have hurt my baby. I am 17 weeks pregnant. I started because I found out my boyfriend has been cheating. Nothing phisical but he was talking to other single women and not wants to have a 3 some. i don't know what to do anymore but Im having a hard time trying to quit. Its the only thing that calms me down. Any advice?
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bsmommoy
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:41 AM
I was able to quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant. I even worked as a bartender and quit that b/c I was afraid of what the second hand smoke would do. They do say that smoking can cause preterm labor and low birt weight. I have known pleny of ppl who smoked while thay were preg and had normal, healthy babies, but is that a chance you wanna take? I would ask your dr if they can rec. something to help you quit. Your boyfriend should be a little more sensitive to your needs, hopes, fears.etc right now, anyway! Good luck!

hollynoel03
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 10:31 AM
i feel ya on the being stressed part, this is my 3rd kid and by far the hardest when it came to quitting, life was not going good except the news of the pregnancy when i first got pregnant but i did quit cold turkey. thats the only way i could since i had picked up smoking horribly bad in the last 2-3 years! but i had asked my dr. if there was anything he could recommend and i cant remember the name of it but its a prescription they give u however he didnt want to give it to me till i was 20 weeks, maybe because i was high risk but he told me the patches and what not can be just as bad for the baby. also i seen something online that said how it can also cause cleft palate problems. there is alot of people i know who have had healthy babies but its a chance in the end anyways. its hard and i wish u the best of luck!
JustPeachy24
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 11:15 AM
You should ask your doctor about Chantix, a prescription medication that suposedly has no nicotine in it. It is sort of new, and has helped my mom, my friend, and my mother in law. It makes you feel sick when you smoke, which makes you want to quit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)