Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is my baby allergic to milk?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM
  • 3 Replies

i ask this because every time  i drink milk i get real nauseous and i just get bad cramps.  when i was a baby i was allergic to formula. but milk didnt bother me until i got pregnant.

by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nygirlie22
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 10:13 AM
just bc you are does not mean baby is....I am not an dmy DD is VERy allergic to milk and soy. For the first 4 months of her life all she did was scream. Nothing worked, she didnt throw up, didnt refuse the bottle, didnt do anythign the dr said she would if she was allergic...but she is. i switched her to soy on my own and it got worse. Shew as so gassy and fidgety and cried if you touched her belly. Finally I switched her to lactosefree formula (enfamil lactofree) and she was like a differetn kid after 3 days. I couldn't believe it. Now at one, I have slowly incorporated regular milk into her Lactaid milk until it was full milk but only bc a 1/2 gallon of Lactaid is $5!!! Thats $10 a day on milk!!! So she seems to have grown out of her allergy in the past year.
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 11:45 AM
Your baby could be allergic to milk, but you drinking it really shouldn't effect the baby either way, they just absorb the nutrients from it.  It sounds like milk is just one of those things that you don't tolerate well during pregnancy.  Maybe try drinking some Soy milk, see if that helps.  It sounds more like a reaction from your body rather then the babies.

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

shayangel03
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 11:59 AM
I had the SAME thing happen to me!!!!  I was about 4 months along and got REALLY sick from ANY milk product!  I found out that I was lactose intolerant all of a sudden.  My dr. said I could take lactaid and that helped!!  I only took it when I was REALLY craving milk (aka ice cream).  And then it was about a couple weeks ago, I was getting really sick if I took the pills with my milk.  I stopped the pills and can have milk products again, no problem.  Some moms just go through weird fazes while prego.  Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)