Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When does your belly usually start to harden?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 4:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
I know this sounds strange to ask but I am 11wks and 4days pregnant. I have a little pooch but my stomach feels still kinda jiggly and I feel more fat than pregnant. I've seen the pictures in this forum with  ladies that have round belly's and I haven't gotten that yet.  I not small I'm 5ft 4 and weigh about 135.
When will the belly normally show and start to harden more?

Thanks just thought I was unusual because I see so many pictures on this forum and thought this may not be the norm.

Thanks Ladies!
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LilMomma83
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 4:46 PM
my belly is still sorta soft and im 34 weeks along, i mean its hard where he is laying but the other part of it is soft. I think its different for everyone. and I def'd didnt look pregnant until I was 5 months along, then i popped. Dont owrry you will show soon enough and then you will want it to be over! lol.. good luck!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

pregnantterry
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 4:51 PM
I think it is different foe everyone... 

I am 5 feet tall and pre pregnancy I weighed 103 lbs..until about 18 weeks, I just looked like I had been overeating with the jiggly belly..

Now I am 21 weeks and I would say my belly started getting harder around 19-20......  in a bra and panties I look like a nice round pregnant person....but in clothes, I still just look overweight.

I am short waisted so there is nowhere for the belly to go but out and up!
kristinaneugene
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 6:30 PM
I am 38 weeks pregnant and sometimes I still feel like I just look fat, but everyone else seems to notice I am pregnant.  You always see those women who look like they are about to explode, but I have never looked that way.  My stomach started getting hard around 20 weeks... but, now that the baby is dropping it is squishy in some places and hard in others... babies do strange things to our bodies!  :)  Don't worry you belly will firm up!  :) 
MascaraMomma
by on Jul. 13, 2007 at 7:50 AM
I look rounded when I'm clothed but I have naturally wide hips and ribs so I look preggo naked just not that ideal preggo. It all depends on you and the baby... Zoey is big, and growing quickly. you'll look firmer laying on your back but you'll just feel chubby walking around normally til usually around month 6-7

Jen

LNMallory317
by on Jul. 13, 2007 at 10:37 AM
I started showing about 5 1/2 months pregnant in both pregnancies. And my belly started to get firm by the time i was 6-6 1/2 months

laceymcde
by on Jul. 13, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Mine was hard in the begining.
I think everyone's is different..
angel021825
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 7:22 PM
i t hink it is different for everyone. i am 5ft 3 in. i was 120 before pregnancy. now i am 24 weeks and i weigh about 150. im gainin WWWAAAYYYYY to much weight. i started showin as early as three months and it was no little pooch. it was noticeable, but i haveread that ppl who have small frames tend to show earlier as they do not have much to them. my belly is very hard when i stand up but when i sit its a lil soft. sometimes i feel mroe fat than pregnant. im tryin to avoid weigt gain as i have heard these last few months i will gain a hella lot of weight. if thats tru, im in for a world of doom. im so tiny and short and i dont wanna blow up that much as i have a hrd time losing weight.

Add a great smell to your home!!

www.theenchantedhollow.com/store/affiliate.asp?aff=1328

Experience The Natural Solution To Beauty!!

www.mineralgirlz.com/members/angel021825

2manygirls
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 8:06 PM

i'm nine weeks and as you can see my belly is so not hard it's been flabby for along time, the last 2 months i've been doing about 200 crunches/ leg lifts/flutter kicks a day (started before i knew i was pregnant) and my belly still didn't get any harder. there is muscle under that flab though. with my last pregnancy  i had flab hanging underneth my belly the whole time. 
-that's my little ham, god forbid she be left out of a picture. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured