Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How dare she say that!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ok, so I had my last child March 2006.  I am now expecting child num 3 in November. 

Well, Thursday at work, we had a lady come in who just now got all her baby weight off after 2 years and now she's trying to get a job with us.  Well I went back to her room to help the nurse with the computers and you will not believe what she said to me!  She told me that I reminded her of her cat.  She got her cat pregnant back to back and that the cat looked pitiful for a year after having the kittens.  She told me I would definetly need the time off.  (I do get 6 wks pd maternity leave). But she goes on to tell me that I will prolly need an extra 6 wks of unpaid leave. 

WTF!!!!!  I know she didn't just say that.  I was so pissed off! How dare she say that to me.  I haven't even gained that much weight this time around.  And I'm still under the total amount gained with each of my daughters.  When I went to the dr yesterday, I weighed 150 lbs.  I think that is pretty good!  URgh! 

Anyways, so I just walked out of the room totally shocked and surprised!  I didn't know what to say!  Anyone else had something like this to happen?  What do you say?  Bc I so wanted to be mean!!!

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:36 AM

3 months AFTER my cousin had her baby one of her friends she hasn't seen in awhile came up to her... poked her int he belly and said when are you going to have that little one? YOu must be due any day now!!! OUCH. You could just see how embarrassed she was when she explained the baby had been born months before!!!

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:39 AM
hey babes.. I soo understand and im srry that is happening to u.. My sil is being such a bitch.. She is like 17 weeks prego and im 8 weeks and when i told her i was prego she had the nerve to look at me and say "are u sure u can afford it"  i was like wtf.. I mean she just moved back him with her mommy.. i really would love to tell her were she can stick her attitude but i havent yet... lol... i cant believe that someone would say that to u.. that soo horrible..
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Hun part of being a mom is getting used to other peoples nosey rude comments that often come out of nowhere. I still here how i'm too young to have a baby (keep in mind I have a 4 1/2 y/o son already), i'm not gaining enough weight, i'm always doing something wrong in their eyes and I just politely ignore them and move on. There's nothing we can do to stop it so just know they are wrong and go on with your day right? Best of luck sweety.

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:32 PM
this happend to me when i was literally days away from having my 1st daughter. i know i gained alot of weight(60lbs to be exact!--and lost every lbs and then some after her and baby #2!just thought id throw that inlol) the doctor that was examing me i hadnt seen before, and after i got off the scale she said "u better cut of the calories". i looked at my husband and started hyterically cryng(i mean come on i was 9months pregnant!) my husband took me in his arms and went off on this old bag! he said "how dare u say that to someone who is just abot to deliver a baby and was before getting pregnant recovering  from anerexia"(that was in my chart too, so she had to of seen it) she said sorry but it didtn help. i still felt dicusting after that, and it ruined my whole night.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 3:27 PM

What a bitch! Oh I totally would have lied and told her that it wasn't a very smart thing to say to the person who would determine whether or not she gets the job! Then I would have gone to the interviewer or a supervisor and tell them about it. You don't want that woman's bad attitude and negative opinions ruining the workplace! Good gracious, what a first impression!

Or you could have just mentioned that it took her two years to get the weight off, and my, that's a long time to be looking pitiful...

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:57 PM
I lost my best friend by becoming pregnant. It's my first child and I'm only 22. THought i couldn't have kids so I was soooo happy to find out I was pregnant even though it was definately not planned. She went behind my back and told all of my co workers and other friends how she thought that my baby should be an abortion. It got back to me and I can't help but smile because I traded in something absolutely worthless (backstabbing friend) for something that will be priceless(motherhood)! Screw her. Besides, her pro choice point of view makes me laugh. I'm pro life but i don't judge. I find hers funny because she's always flippin out about how its cruel to kill animals to eat them but she's all about abortions. She's a drunk who slept with half of our clients. I think some people just try to bring others down to their level to feel good. I just smile because I know that the only opinion or person who matters to me is in my tummy!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL and don't let anyone get you down!!!

pregnancy week by week
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 8:01 PM
i would have let her know i dnt appriciate what shes saying... but i can imagine how u felt specially cause were pregnant and take things extra personal
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:11 PM
damn... that is messed up.
when i was about 5 months pregnant, i went to one of my routine check ups and i had some family members come with me to expierence this babys ultrasound cause its the first grand baby on both sides. so everyone in the family is excited about it. anyways, my doctor came in and she was being a major bitch from the begining!! she had the nerve to scold me and tell me in front of my family that I'm gaining to much to fast. not only was that embarassing, but how do you tell a doctor to fuck off???

i swear, people are such shit heads sometimes....
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:34 PM
I have had several instances where I wanted to say something really mean for what was said to me.
Once was when I went to see my doctor and he was delivering someone so I had to see a midwife, one I hadn't met before. I lifted up my shirt so she could do the doppler. She said "WOW!"Really loud. I have stretch marks. Big whoop. She said "When did you start getting those (I was 19 weeks at the time) I said about 15 weeks. She replied "Well, you must have bad skin or something." Yeah, I about tore her head off. I never saw her again.
Another time
I went into the cafe' at the hospital where I work. A girl I used to work with was there I hadn't seen her in a couple weeks. She said wow your face is getting fat. I said, thanks and procceded to walk away. She then said, loud enough for me to hear, man she looks like she is going to pop any day, and she still has a ways to go. I saw her again the next week and she said, wow, you look miserable! I don't talk to her anymore.
Some people don't know when to keep their mouths shut!
PREGNANT Women have hormones, she is lucky, I have heard that pregnant women can get away with murder by pleading pregnancy induced psychosis. LOL, just kidding!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)