Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad hospital visit

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:44 PM
  • 1 Replies
Yesterday i went to the hospital after receiving 3 negative pregnancy tests in the last three months. The thing is have been having the symptoms, feeling movement and my stomach is growing. So i just did what others have been advising me to do and went to the hospital. I assumed that maybe my hormone level was too low to detect.

I knew that i would be there a long time but i had no idea that it would end up being 7 1/2 hours. I had to go to the Emergency Department because that was the only way that i could get the blood test. There was a lot of waiting but they finally sent me back to get the blood drawn. More waiting. Then the nurse took me back to a room where i would be examined by a doctor. He did the normal procedure of listening to my heartbeat and all of that. Then he did a pelvic exam. By the end of the night i was told that the blood test for the pregnancy was negative and that i may possibly have fibroids as well as a hernia. I cannot describe the devastation i felt. But i cried so much that i had a splitting headache and my eyes were burning. So i have to set up an appointment to get an ultrasound to see if there really are fibroids and then begin treatment. I am so disappointed because i knew for sure that i was pregnant. I am also embarrassed because i told so many people about it and made a complete fool of myself. Well all i can say is that i will have to wait and see whats going on. The craziest thing is that i can still feel movement from time to time as if it was the baby kicking. Everytime i feel it and burst into tears. This was a very devastating day.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Oh I am so sorry!  Please don't feel like you made a fool of yourself, I think any one of us in that same possition would have done the same thing, and I bet most people are going to be really understanding and just wanting to make sure you are ok!  This has to be devistating for you!  I hope that the ultrasound comes back with some good news, and that you are ok!

Amber

Children's Ministry Support Group Owner
Christian Finances Group Owner
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)