Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any words of encouragement

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
i recently just had a post earlier in the week describing my situation with my quad screening that came back abnormal for downs.  just wanted to see if anyone had similar situation  or words of encouragement

thank you
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KristinRox
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Ive read soo many times that those screenings are incorrect a lot of the time. Try not to worry too much. Things might turn out perfect.. and even if it doesnt turn out perfect... your baby will be perfect nonetheless. Try not to worry sweety.. you have plenty of chances for that to be incorrect. ~Kristin~

JuJuBee07
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I personally haven't had this happen... But I have heard a lot of times that those things are wrong... Just try and stay positive, and no matter what, your little one will be perfect to you :)... Good luck!!!

~*Jess*~

Babs77
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:48 PM
I wouldnt worry to much with my first child I took all the testds they offered and it came back she was down syndrome..so I went to all kinds of ultrasounds and they supposedly confirmed she would be down syndrome.....then she was born and she is now 13 and 100% NORMAL  my SIL had the same issue they told her her daughter was downs and she isnt either I tell everyone that asks dont take the test they have more false positives than they do actual positives and its and extra stress you dont need while pregnant 

risonski
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought those tests told you what your chances are of having a baby with the challenges screened for. Isn't the only way to tell the genetic makeup (and therefore issues like down syndrome) of the baby ahead of time was through amniocentisis?

I wish you the best of luck, and strength for whatever lies ahead. Whatever happens, happens, just as it was meant to be...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)