Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Support Mom

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2007 at 2:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am a support mom on a great high risk pregnancy support website called Sidelines. Anyone wishing to get support from a mom who has had a similar experience as yours or anyone willing to be a support mom via email/phone or both - check out the site - it's a great resourse for those enduring high risk pregnancy.

by on Mar. 16, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
skyelerr
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Ok i have question and you just may be the right women to give me some real answers. I am 39 years old and i am pregnant(or think i am, two home tests have been positive and i have the classic signs.) This is my eighth pregnancy and i estimate my due date to be Nov.1, 2007. I have not been able to get in to see a doctor because i am waiting on my insurance. I  am concerned about some things. I have never had a miscarriage before so i do not know what to expect. This is what has been happening. For the last two days i have been spotting blood. Not a period  and  not alot. It is dark like old blood at times and sometimes bright red but never enough to even fill one pad through out the whole day. I was scared at first because i thought i was going to miscarry but it has been two days now . i still feel very pregnant and have not passed anything resembling or leading me to believe i have miscarried.  I know my age alone makes this pregnancy risky but i also have herniated discs in my  lower back and a big problem with acid reflux and constipation. before the bleeding started i was having alot of cramping and pain in my lower back as if i was going  to start my period but also consistant with the reflux and gastro problems i have( alot of painful gas in my lower intestines).  Could this be the beginning of a miscarriage and if so does it usually take this long or could it be from recent intercourse or from the other problems i have going on at this time? I read that sometimes your cervix can become irritated and bleed. I know that you are not a doctor and may not have all the answers that i need but i cannot even get to talk to a doctor until i have the insurance that i am applying for .Any advice and suggestions that you may have would be very helpful. Thank you. skyelerr.
p.s. i have visited the site you suggested. it's great!
ilovemyhubby
by on Mar. 21, 2007 at 6:47 PM
You NEED to see a doctor to see if its an ectopic pregnancy, my stepmom had the same thing, bleeding and pain and shes 40, your risks increase when your 35 or older- if you have the procedure done before a certain time they can just give you a shot, but if you wait, your tube could rupture and you could bleed out, its fatal to the mother, and if you wait you could also risk having to pay for surgery, you NEED to see a dr- even if you go to the ER and have them do an ultrasound, they are going to say, well if your miscarrying your miscarrying, theres nothing we can do, tell them you think its ectopic, they should do an ultrasound right away----GIRL THIS IS IMPORTANT--IM NOT KIDDING!
skyelerr
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 12:25 AM
 Thank you for your post and for your concern.  I appreciate all of your advice. I read about etoptic pregnancies and i  have been watching for signs of that too. But it confuses me because i am showing already, still have all the signs of being pregnant and the bleeding is not much. . I don't feel  dizzy or sick like as if i was losing alot of blood.   and i swear i can feel this baby moving already . This scares me  and i am nervous. Thanks again and i will see if i can get to the doctor tomorrow.,
gizmokitty
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 11:27 AM
i had the some problem this time last year!!! I was scared to death and was not sure what was going on. I still had all my pregnant symptoms but still light bleeding at the same time. I finally went to the dr and they kept a check on my hormone levels that is the easiest way to tell if you are miscarrying or anything of that nature. Mine would drop and go back up and drop agian. finally after 3 weeks of just light bleeding and some slight cramping they told me i had miscarried and that is when the pain and heavy bleeding really hit. I lost thebaby at 8 weeks. Needless to say 3 months later I was pregnant agian and I am now 38 weeks and ready to pop lol!!! Now i just pray that my first child will be healthy and normal lol! If I were you I would go to the ER cause whether you have insurance or not the hopsital can not turn you away by no mean and alot of times when you are self pay at the hospital you can just make payments. Cause at the time of miscarriage I had no insurance at all! And that is what I did. I just told them I had no money to pay and needed to be seen now!! Good Luck and Best wishes to you!
skyelerr
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern. I have found a doctor that i am going to go to today that will let me make payments for the bills. So i will let you know what i find out tonight when i get home.ttyl.Skyelerr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN